#32

Evie Pov
"So you did it? You got him out?" Jonah asked.

"I must have, it feels like a weight has been lifted almost" i told him as i removed the blanket i had and took the shirt off.

Gabbie began rummaging through her bag once more looking for something.

"Well since the spell is now weak enough" Gabbie started and pulled out my mom's necklace "you can finally use this."

I smiled and held my hand out, but bracing myself in case it hurts again.

Gabbie set it in my hand and i felt nothing, i let out a sigh of relief.

"Were gonna go back out to the pool, i think people are wondering where we are" Jonah said and him a the other boy's along with the girls left, Corbyn staying behind.

I opened the necklace chain and put it around my neck and attempted to close it again but failing.

I huffed in annoyance, Corbyn taking notice and walking twards me.

"Here let me get that" Corbyn said softly.

I pulled my hair out of the way and felt his fingertips against my neck as he locked the chain back together.

He let go of it and i let my hair fall, Corbyn was silent, but it wasn't the kind of comfortable one.

Then i felt his fingers trace down my back, sending shivers up my spine.

It wasn't just the physical contact, it was the place he traced, my scars.

"You never told me about these..." Corbyn softly said.

"I uh, didn't think it was necessary..." i sighed.

I turned around to face him because i know his eyes wouldn't leave the scars.

"Corbyn, its not your problem, it doesn't matter" i told him.

"Yea but those are the reason you were afraid of me in the first place" Corbyn said.

"But im not afraid anymore, you showed me that werewolf's are not all killers" i said.

"You promised me many times that you wouldn't hurt me" i reminded him.

"And that i wont let anyone take you away" Corbyn smiled lightly "And im keeping that promise."

"Well we better get back out, im sure Freya is getting impatient" i smiled.

"Yea i bet" Corbyn laughed and i started walking out only to be stopped by Gabbie.

"Evie you brought the bottle with your mark on it right?" She asked.

"Oh yea, let me go get it" i walked passed her and down the hall to my bag were i had my bathing suit in.

I opened it up and the only thing in it was the small bottle.

I grabbed it and went back to Gabbie who was waiting in the living room.

"Got it" i handed her the bottle.

"I remember when i was doing research on the Gifted, that it said something about bark, like a specific tree" Gabbie examined the bottle.

"Im gonna need to take this" she said.

"Thats fine i dont realy want it" i laughed and walked back out to the pool area, the music thumping around me once again.

Freya was immediately walking twards me.

"You were gone for a while, what were you doing?" She asked.

"We were talking, something private that your overly curious mind should stay out of" i told her.