Chapter 15.

At the restaurant

Jason was sitting at a table close to the window deep in thought, he was disturbed by the fact that Irene liked Ray and he wasn't happy about it.

Why does he have to care about who she likes anyway.

"hey Jason! How are you doing?" Ray came over to Jason.

"Hey Ray" Jason replied casually.

They decided to casually meet up as it was suppose to be weekend tomorrow.

"What happened? You look a bit down" Ray inquired looking at Jason's expression.

"It's nothing" he shrugged.

"Come on! What? Did Irene rejected you already?hmm?" Ray joked to lighten up the mood.

"No it's not like that, I don't want to talk about it" Jason gave a tiring sigh.

"It's okay, she is a bit difficult that is why it was a bet, bet are suppose to be hard, am i right?" Ray lightly chuckled, he was unaware of the situation so it sounded fair to him to joke and try to lighten up the mood.

"A bet i see" both of the guys jumped at the sound of the voice, Irene stood there with no expression on her face and both her arms crossed in front of her.

"Hey listen Irene, we can explain...." Ray looked at Jason with solemn expression, Jason didn't say anything he stood there while Ray tried to calmly approach her.

"Go ahead explain" she demanded for Ray to speak.

"Well.... Um.... You see it was just a silly drunk bet" scratching the back of his neck Ray tried his best to come up with the right words but failed miserably.

"Okay, may I ask who proposed this "silly drunk bet"?", Staring straight to the two boys she questioned.

Ray bit his lips and hesitantly answered, "it was me" sighing he resumed after pausing for a few seconds," i am sorry, Irene i just said it as a joke, but we knew it would never happen, we would just look back at it as a silly memory, right...." Trying to catch Irene's eyes Ray tried to move forward but she retreated backwards.

"Yeah.... Ofcourse, it's fine, no harm done, right" she tried to smile through the feeling she was having, it was like a weight has been dropped on her heart.

"Yeah..." Ray still unsure of what to say turned to Jason, he was staring at Irene solemnly like he knew something.

Irene turned and walked away.

"Hey! Wait! Irene" Ray tried to call her but she just kept walking, he saw Jason running his hands through his hair while sighing heavily.

Suddenly Jason started to follow Irene out, "hey! Wait ! Jason where are you going?" Ray shouted unsure of what the situation was, he just watched them disappear and thought it's better not to intervene.

"I hope everything is fine" Ray thought to himself.

Irene was aimlessly walking on the road in the cold night, Jason following her at a distance.

After a while he called for her, "Irene, listen!"

Silence.

"Irene, where do you think you are going?"

Silence again.

Running up and catching her by the wrist Jason turned her to face him.

"Irene, what are you doing?" He looked down to meet her eyes but she was hiding to avoid any eye contact.

"I don't know!" She said, frustration and disappointment written all over her face.

Jason just stayed silent.

"Why Jason? Why can't he like me? Why I can't atleast be considered a women in his eyes? why am i a bet?" She whispered, defeat was heard in her voice.

"Am i not pretty? am i not even good enough to be considered?", Her sobbing started, she was about to cry but she was trying to hold it in.

He looked down at her, holding her by her shoulder, "stop talking nonsense! You are beautiful, thoughtful, fun not to mention how cool you can be and all of the above you are good.... Too good for someone like Ray, so please don't say these things", he looked into her eyes, his voice was clearly mentioning he was frustrated at the idea of her thinking that way about herself.

"Why am i even questioning all of this stupid things?", She scoffed while snuffling trying to prevent from crying a river.

After a moment of silence she just lightly whispered, " i am sorry, i was rude to you please don't hate me", Her voice cracked and Jason silently tried to hold her to comfort her.

"It's okay" he held her carefully and put her head on his chest while soothing her by running his one hand over her hair up and down, his chin resting over her head.

She was crying silently hugging him tightly as she buried her face on his chest, she was heartbroken for the first time and for some reason Jason just wanted to comfort her, stay by her side until she smiles again, he did not want to see her like that, ever.

***************************************

Author's Note:

Wow! I have been making her cry i should stop now.😅

Anyway do let me know if you all enjoyed this chapter or if there are some changes i can do to make the story better.

Thankyou ☺️