Chapter 25.

Seeing you standing there, it has been so long since i last saw you, touched you, felt your touch. You look better, you are still the man i love........

Jason's POV

I was at the parking lot after the meetings, my day was finally over for today.

I spotted Irene but decided not to approach her, making my way to the car i was about to open the door.

"Hey Jason!" Irene shouted making me turn around.

"Hey!" I stood confused as to why she approached me.

"Sorry to bother you i know you are done for the day but i had a few things i needed to go over for the meeting next week" she explained and i nodded realising we still have to meet due to our partnership, nothing has been finalized.

"Yeah sure I....." i stopped as i saw a man approach us and put his hand around Irene's waist.

"Oh hey! i told you to wait for me in the car" she said completely uncomfortable from the closeness.

"Sorry Jason um meet my boyfriend, Dave" she said smiling and introduced him.

I would be lying if i said i was fine, i wasn't, i wanted to steal her right away from that Dave or whatever.

"Nice to meet you" he smiled and shook my hand i returned a very tight handshake.

"Likewise" i fake smiled.

"Anyway you know i will just call you okay" i nodded agreeing with her and saw her retreating with her 'Dave'

What does she see in him? She rejected me and she chooses him!

"Hey!" Sam came and i turned myself towards him.

"Isn't that the man we saw at the bar yesterday" Samuel spoke looking behind me to the retreating figures.

"Wait! What? I did think he looked familiar but are you sure?" I asked confused.

"Dude! You were drunk i wasn't! And i have good memory when it comes to people" he said clearly proud of himself.

"That's strange" i thought to myself but spoke it out loud.

"Why is that?" Sam asked.

"That's Irene's boyfriend" i stated.

"What? Wait do you think she was at the bar making out? No way! She will never indulge in a public display ever! She hates public affection" Samuel spoke frantically.

"Calm down maybe we are mistaken" i tried to reason but he was right.

"Let's just go" i shrugged it off but it still roamed in my mind even after i tried not to think about it.

"Yeah" i can see even Sam was disturbed but he didn't voice it out for the time being.

*****************

A week later

"I hope we have a good future together" Irene smiled as she shook hands with me at the end of our meeting.

"Yes looking forward to our collaboration" i returned a polite smile.

Our meeting was finally over both our companies will be collaborating for the upcoming projects.

We were officially business partners.

Everyone shook each others hand and soon the room was empty. It was the last meeting for the day. I was about to make my way to the car but Samuel grabbed my hand and dragged me somewhere.