Chapter 40.

"Hey! Chloe, open up!"
"Stop being a child!"
"Come on!" Irene shouted through the door.

"She won't" Jason mumbled, his arms crossed and body turned away from Irene.

"Did i ask you?" She said in a grumpy voice.

"I'm just speaking from experience! Sorry for interrupting! Please continue your futile efforts" gesturing towards the door he sarcastically spoke.

She glared at Jason amd huffed as she plopped down the bed, crossing her arms as well.

After the dead silence that was filling up the room Irene decided to speak up getting already frustrated with it.

"Ugh! Fine! Let's get this over with. What do you want?" She questioned looking at Jason who was standing by the window, away from her.

"What do i want? You are the one who is stuck up unable accept your own emotions" he taunted her as he was also done with the everything.

They were both locked in the room when they least wanted to be around each other. The worst part was there was no other way out except fixing this fight.

"Yes i am jealous! So what? I don't think you realise the position i am in" Irene suddenly spoke up a little shaken up which made Jason go silent.

"You don't have to be jealous of anyone, i love you and only you" looking straight into her eyes he made his true emotions heard.

"You think i don't know that. Ofcourse i know, after what happened i could never doubt you but..." Her head faced the floor as she tried to stop herself from tearing up.

"I get scared. I have so many insecurities that stop me from being true to myself and i hate that i let it affect us" a tear fell down her cheeks as she tried to take a deep breath to calm herself down.

The childhood you had leaves a mark on you, it's even worse to know that it follows you around like a evil shadow just to make your worst dreams come to life.

Being abandoned by someone, no matter if they come back or not. It always hurts you making you believe that you are someone who would be left alone at the end, that you will always be an option.

"Let's not do that anymore" Jason spoke after a moment of silence making the trail of thoughts in Irene's mind stop and look at him.

"What?" Her voice cracked up as she was holding a lump inside her throat.

"Let's not be sad and alone anymore. I need you to talk with me more, don't let the thoughts eat you from inside like that. I know you have somethings but i wish you talk to me about them so i could stay with you longer" a small smile made way to his lips, soft eyes staring at her.

He came closer to her and held her hands, trying to catch her eyes.

Little by little he was indeed breaking her walls that once pushed him away, this time he didn't wanted to let her go.

Her silent cries started making noise, the screams she needed to let out. He held her closer to his chest as her muffled cries came.

"It's okay, I'm here with you" he whispered.

"Don't do this to me.....why are you not angry....why are you comforting me......like this...." She spoke between her broken cries

He put his chin on her head holding her tighter. His hands went up and down her back trying to calm her down.

"I'm sorry..... I'm sorry for behaving this way...... I'm sorry for being childish" she started apologizing while crying uncontrollably, he just patted her head like you would do to a child.

Their relationship was now going through all phases there were to name. Him being there for her like a parent, her Caring for him like a mother would, fighting like siblings most of all loving each other despite the mistakes they both made, overcoming their pasts.

Time passed and her cries calmed down now she was just hugging him for comfort and also because she was to awkward to face him yet. So hiding her face on his chest was the best she could think of.

Suddenly the click of the door unlocking was heard and they both turned to face the door.

"Finally! Are you both done?" Chloe asked even though she heard her cry through the door but didn't wanted to interrupt.

"Yeah" Jason spoke with a soft smile on his face while Irene just nodded and wiped the few tears around her face, looking anywhere but them.

"Hey, you okay?" suddenly Samuel came and engulfed Irene in a big hug after all he was there listening to her cries as well.

She nodded engulfed between his arms. Jason pulled her towards him by putting his hand on her waist which bought her to face him.

"She's good" Jason spoke sounding possessive and glared at Sam.

Sam just shook his head knowing well that he was jealous.

"Okay then! Everyone is happy so shall we focus on me then" clapping her hands to get everyone's attention Chloe diverted the mood in the room.

"Yeah. I'm sorry because of me everyone's day got ruined" Irene apologised again looking down.

"Well that's correct! But you can be my bridesmaids and pay me back for ruining my day. Also you have to help with the wedding" both the males laughed at this little familiar behaviour of Chloe and Irene just nodded happily.

"Okay let's go then!" With a big grin on her face Chloe pulled Irene with her out of the room.

"Hey what do you mean let's go? where are you taking her?" Jason spoke completely taken aback by Chloe's behaviour also missing the touch of his beloved girlfriend.

"Shopping, duh! She needs to prepare so many things for my big day so you might have to get used to not seeing her till we are done with my wedding" Chloe stated nonchalantly making Jason scoff.

"It's your wedding! Why do i have to stop seeing her?" Shocked he voiced back.

"It's our wedding, Jason!" Samuel still hung up on being ignored as it was also his big day.

But Chloe ignored both of their shouts and pulled Irene with her outside of the house and off to the long adventure to achieve her dream day, she was excited so she couldn't care less about others shouts. Nothing mattered , it's her now for the next month.

************************************

Author's Note:

Chloe knows she's the one 🤭

Let me know if you like to see something on the wedding day as i am planning to dedicate the next chapter on that specifically.

Happy reading!