Chapter 10.

"you are someone people write songs about, someone people dream to be with forever, all eternity. The only reason that you are not the one is because you hide yourself so perfectly behind those curtains of dark silence."

"Hey

"Hey.....are you okay?" After a while Irene spoke still close to Jason as she tried to caress his head gently.

"Hmm......" His muffled voice came as he held her tighter.

Irene pulled apart trying to look at his face but still standing close to him.
He looked up at her concerned expression as a smile mades it's way on his lips. She was genuinely concerned for him, he is someone everyone looked at because he was charming, funny, flirty. He is someone who could make you laugh, teach you how to not care, someone who could never be upset over a breakup, so why would she look at him with such caring eyes.

"It's okay, you don't have to talk about something you don't want to but if you really need someone to listen don't hesitate to let me know, okay?" She smiled at him giving him a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"Will you really just listen to me?" He asked finally letting her go, leaning back on the couch.

"Ofcourse!" She said with a proud smile.

He chuckled at her confident response as he patted the space beside him on the couch motioning her to take a seat.

She sat down beside him turning to face his side. He didn't look at her, he stared at the television that was in front of him at a little distance and heavily sighed.

"Don't worry about me, like you said it's not the first time that i went through a break up, it was just a little messy this time" he spoke just staring into the distance going through the events of the afternoon in his mind.

"Still you had feelings for her and it's still a relationship issue, it's okay to feel sad" she spoke as she looked at him.

"You are such a kid" he shook his head at her reply and continued, "you do realise it was nothing serious between us?" He glanced at her.

"Yes so what? not everything should be serious in order to hurt us, you never know until something happens and you feel, only then you realise it was infact important to you more than you thought" she looked straight at him and he fully turned his attention to her, sitting facing her on the couch.

"It was a misunderstanding, if you want i can talk to her and see if we can make this alright" she gave a sincere look to which he couldn't help but chuckle.

"What?" She stared confused, did she said something wrong?

"How are you like this?" He rested his head on the couch as he stared at her with soft smile on his face.

"Thankyou" he softly whispered as he moved his hand and took it close to her face along with his body closing the distance between them.

Irene was panicking inside from the sudden tension around them, she just stared and thought what would be the appropriate thing to do next as now his fingers were lightly touched her cheek.