Chapter 18.

Jason's POV

Ding dong!

We broke apart from the sound of the doorbell, Irene awkwardly cleared her throat excusing herself and i smiled at her shyness.

I am going to enjoy teasing her!

"Ashton!" I heard her happy squealing from the direction of the door.

After some time she came to the hall with a tall man by her side, he wore a black jean with a grey sweatshirt. He was tall, dark blonde hair and dark brown eyes just like Irene's.

"You didn't tell me you were coming?" Irene asked to the man.

"Well i wanted to surprise you" his voice deep, he chuckled pinching her cheeks.

Well excuse me! I didn't voice out my words out loud though.

"Umm Ire, who is this young man?" The man asked raising his eyebrow at me looking suspiciously.

"Oh! He is a classmate um friend" she scratched the back of her head nervously trying to give me a title.

"Classmate friend?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Friend i mean. Sorry" she shook her head lightly as i cleared my throat to get her attention.

Friends? Still? She really need to work on our relation.

"Oh yes! Jason meet my older brother, Ashton" she introduced me to the man with a wide smile.

No wonder she squeled so loud seeing him, she looks so happy right now.

"Hello, i am Jason. It's nice to meet you Ashton" i shook his hand firmly while he nodded.

"Likewise" still looking at me with suspiciousness he returned the handshake with a rather tight grip.

"We were working on a project" Irene explained pointing at the table with papers, notes and laptop.

"Oh i see" Ashton smiled.

"Well maybe i should leave you two I'll wait until you guys are finished. I'll just freshen up till then" Ashton spoke taking his bag but Irene stopped him.

"No! It's fine we can do the work tomorrow or later sometime right Jason?" She asked for my confirmation and i couldn't deny her pleading eyes.

"Yes i should be heading home anyway. I will see you later" i said as i went to the front door and she followed me.

"I'll just see him off" she informed her brother.

"I'm sorry I didn't knew he would come. We will work on it tomorrow okay." She told me standing at the front door.

I turned around to face her and flashed a smile.

"Yeah no problem" I pecked her cheeks lightly, she froze and a rose blush crept up her cheeks. I turned back and went towards my car. I didn't have to look back to see the look on her face, i smiled to myself.

 I didn't have to look back to see the look on her face, i smiled to myself