5

I hopped out of the driver's seat and then opened the back door. I helped Ava out of her seat and grabbed her bag. I walked with her, holding her hand, to the door of the building. We entered some sort o hallway that lead to a waiting room. I walked up to the secretary's desk.

"Um... Hello." I said quietly. The lady looked up at me with raised brows. My heart was beating wildly and I didn't know if I looked as fearful as I felt.

"Are you here to drop off a child?" She questioned. I nodded and she motioned to a paper and pencil on a coffee table. I muttered a thank you before heading off the paper. I walked over to see it was a sign-in sheet. I wrote down Ava's name and put my signature next to it and in the In collum. Once I was done I turned over to the door that said '4-year-olds'

Ava looked up at me with a smile. She was used to preschool since she couldn't stay home alone while I was in school. I knelt down in front of her.

"Have a good day, okay A bear?" I told her she nodded.

"Bye-bye bee." She said before going into the room with her bag on. I smiled before getting up and going back to my car. I sat in the front seat and let out a breath. Now I just had to do that kind of interaction about a hundred more times today.

Before beginning to drive I looked at my notifications quickly.

𝗧𝗼𝗯𝘆: 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆!

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼? 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝘃𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝘁𝗲𝘅𝘁. 𝗪𝗵𝘆 𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻'𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗲?

I groan before sending a quick 'Thanks' reply to Toby. I turn the car back on and drive 50 meters to the high school parking lot. It isn't too crowded since most kids come in on the bus. I sit in the driver's seat for a minute trying to pluck up the courage to walk out.

"You got this. Ignore the people and limit your interactions." I whispered to myself, slowing my eyes and gripping the steering wheel. I finally opened my eyes and swung my brown satchel over my shoulder before getting out of the car.

I stepped out and froze for a minute while everyone went about their daily lives. I took a breath and walked towards the entrance of the school. I followed a map I had printed of the school to the office. It didn't take long and no one took notice of me, something I was glad of. The only thing was that I swore they could hear my fast heartbeats and heavy breathing as I stared down at the map.

The office was simple with a few chairs and a lady behind a desk. I stood for a bit before taking a deep breath and walking towards her. She looked up when she heard movement and gave me a warm smile.

"You must be Bree Rogers." She said before looking through some papers. My brows furrowed.

"H-how did you know who I was?" I asked, stuttering at first.

"Well, your the only student who is coming in during March." She pointed out before handing me a few things. I took them and looked down at them, studying what she gave me.

"This is your timetable, it has all your classes and classroom numbers." She said before looking back to your computer.

"Would you like a tour?" She asked. I quickly shook my head.

"No thank you," I said quietly before exiting. I honestly would have very much wanted a tour but she might call down a student to come and do I and that was just going to be too stressful.

I looked down at my timetable and then back at the map. I had English first with Ms.Bruner in room 120. I looked to see it was on the first floor and not far from here. I then checked my locker number. I felt quite lucky because It was down what seemed to be a quiet hallway.

I opened it up to see workbooks and notebooks already in it. I quickly put some of my stuff in it and grabbed the English textbook. I closed the locker and quickly made my way to the classroom. I kept my head down and didn't look anyone in the eye as I walked. It was something I was used to doing. I tugged on the strap of my satchel and walked into the class. It was mostly full and I looked for an empty seat.

The teacher seemed to notice me from the papers she was looking at and pointed to an empty seat at the back. "You can sit back there." She said quickly before returning to her work. I guess they weren't like my old school and introduced themselves. Something I was glad about.

I took a seat at the back and felt a few stares in my direction. I shrunk back into my seat, I just wanted no one to pay attention to me. Soon the stares seemed to stop as everyone probably realized I was nobody. The bell rang and the teacher talked about the class novel they were reading, 'To kill a mockingbird'. Being the nerd that I am, I already read the book and answered her questions easily in my head.

This went on for most of my classes. I would sit in the back silently while the teacher taught something that I kind of understood. I knew I would have to catch up and decided to do so sooner rather than later.

When the lunch bell rang I went straight for my locker. I grabbed a few different class books and went towards the library. I found a cozy spot in the corner of the room and laid out my things. I quickly checked my phone to see another text message from Unknown.

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲?

𝗨𝗻𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻: 𝗦𝗲𝗲, 𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗧𝗼𝗯𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹. 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗿𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿?

I gape at my phone. You have got to be kidding me. Why did he have to go to my school? I shut my phone off and decided to not think about the person searching the school for me. I would make it through the day and then call Toby after school to explain everything to him.