20

I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. Apparently, I had slept in and Toby and Ava had been driven to school by Auntie Clara long before. I slowly made my way downstairs. I only had shorts and a tank top on since I was overheating in my blankets before getting up.

I flopped down on the couch and grabbed a pillow. My stomach twisted and flipped as I curled up against the cushioned couch. I heard a small knock and saw Auntie Clara standing at the entrance to the living room. 

"Do you need anything hon?" She asked softly. 

"Could I have some tea?" I asked. 

She nodded and went back towards the kitchen. I grabbed the remote for the television and turned on Netflix. I put on the office and waited for Auntie Clara to come back with my tea. 

I heard my phone ring and grabbed it off of the coffee table. I checked my messages to see it was Toms.

Bree and Tommy's messages

Toms: Heard you were sick

Toms: Hope you get better

Toms: I'm guessing you're still asleep

Toms: English is boring without you to text

Woman: Toms I'm dying.

Toms: I feel like your overreacting a bit

Toms: Toby said you just had the flu

Woman: I stand by my statement.

Toms: Is there anything I can do?

Woman: No not really. Just keep me company I guess.

Toms: We'll what do you want to hear about?

Toms: Want to know about L'manburg?

Woman: Can you pick a different topic?

Toms: Why? You don't even know about L'manburg

Woman: Of course I do, I visited it on Minecraft.

Toms: WHAT?!??!

Toms: YOUR ON THE SMP?

Toms: WHY WASNT I TOLD THIS

Woman: I'm just going to turn my notifications off now...

Toms: WAIT WOMAN I NEED ANSWERS

Toms: SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN ON?

Toms: WOMAN IM SO CONFUSED

I sigh as I put my phone on do not disturb. How was me going on Clay's server such a big deal? How did Tommy now about to? Was Tommy on the server? Maybe he was and I had forgotten since I didn't know his name. 

I tuned back into the episode of the Office and saw my tea already in front of me. I said a thank you to Auntie Clara before taking a sip. 

That's pretty much all I did that day. I just drank some tea, had an apple, watched the office and slept on the couch. Auntie Clara left to do groceries and pick Toby and Ava up so I was left home alone for a bit. Technically Toby could drive he just preferred not to.  I cracked open one of the newer books I got.

It was a romance novel but had some sci-fi in it. The novel, These Broken Stars, was turning out to be great and I was only a few pages in. Put after those few pages I was tired all over again. I hated being sick, I could never get anything done.