34

Today we were going hiking, ugh. Don't get me wrong, I love hikes, it's just I never feel motivated to do so until we are actually there. It's like the idea of hiking a trail in the middle of nowhere with your family doesn't hit the same until you are actually there. I guess I'm weird like that. 

I roll over in my bed as I try to make myself fall back asleep. If only the sun would just hide behind the clouds. I would close my blinds but then I have to get up and I would never be able to fall back asleep after that. 

The sun rays hit my eyes again as I turn to lay on my back and I drape my arm over my eyes. I hear footsteps in the hallway and decide to just put my pillow over my head. Whereas it fixes my light and sound problem it creates a breathing problem. 

I groan and take the pillow off my head and my hair falls around my head like a bird's nest. Great.  I turn around for a little longer before finally giving up on sleep. I sit upon my bed and blow some of the hair out of my face. 

I stare out the window at the river by our house for a few seconds before finding the energy to get up. I scoot to the edge of the bed and stand up. With a few lazy steps, I go over to my closet and grab some clothes.

I take some yoga pants and a grey shirt. I decide that it might be chilly and grab a jean jacket to put on top. I yawn and head towards the bathroom to clean up. After brushing my teeth and hair I walk over to peek into Ava's room. Like I thought she was already up. 

I head downstairs slowly and walk towards the kitchen. I see Ava sitting on the highchair and mom making some pancakes. I smile and move to the counter, lifting myself to sit on it. I watch as mom talks with Ava and prepares the pancakes on the stove.

"And then what happened?" Mom asked.

"Stitch was yelling and then the toys went pew." Ava giggled before filling her hands with the blueberries for the pancakes. 

"Wow. Why don't you wait to eat the blueberries with the pancakes Ava?" Mom suggested and I chuckled lightly. "Can you please bring the pancakes to the table, Bree?" 

I nodded and picked a plate and filled it with the already made pancakes. Giving a smile to mom, since she was having a good day and I wanted to show my appreciation for that, I went to the dining room. 

Ava was already digging into the pancakes before I had even put the plate down. Soon we had both eaten until we were full and Toby was walking up the stairs and eating quickly.

"We are leaving in ten minutes!" Auntie Clara called from downstairs. 

I looked at Toby and raised a brow. "Running late?" I tease.

He rolls his eyes but continues to eat. "I invited Tommy to come today." He said casually.

I groaned and furrowed my brows. "Can you not do anything without him?" I complain. 

The last time I saw Toms was when the whole Mack ordeal happened and I kind of have been keeping my distance from everyone. This hike would be the first time going out since the incident for me and I was kind of scared I would run into him again. Actually, I was more than scared, I was terrified.

"Don't worry about it. It's just Tommy." Toby tried to reassure me. 

He was technically right but I was still too nervous for it to be nothing.

I got up and walked towards the entrance, grabbing my boots and filling my backpack with a water bottle and some granola bars. Once I was done with my things I moved on to Ava's things. Ava was a bit more reluctant to go since she would have to walk a lot but I promised that we would turn back when she got too tired.