8

I sit in my chair and turn on my computer. Toby had given me strict instructions on what to do before tonight. I had gotten out an old headset and gotten an account for this app called discord. 

I was baffled and hoped he wasn't trying to get me to play some sort of shooting game. I adjusted my seat and logged onto the discord thingy. I had a few texts from Toby.

Toby: What's your username?

Bee: BeeBooks2004

Toby: I invited you to a group, go into the thing called VC 2

Bee: Ok

My palms were sweaty and I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. I found a little tab thing called VC 2 and pressed on it. My heart was pounding and I wasn't sure what to do. 

"Bee!" I hear Toby's voice ring through the headset. Releif flooded through me as I sank into my chair.

"Hey, Toby," I answered him.

"Can you turn on your Minecraft?" He asked me. I hummed in response and let it load for a few seconds.

"What are we doing Toby?" I asked skeptically.

"Well, there is this Minecraft server that I wanted to show you around. Usually, they don't et other people on but I talked to Clay about it, and he let me invite you."

"Whos Clay?" I asked.

"Oh, he's Dream."

"Who now?"

"It's complicated. He owns the server."

"Oh ok."

My Minecraft finished loading and I got everything ready. 

"What's the address?" I asked. 

"I'll text it to you. You can't give it to anyone else, okay?" 

"Okay."

I got the text and entered it in. The world started to load and I sat back and watched. 

"What's so important about the server?"

"A bunch of important people are on it."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Does that mean your one of those important people?"

"I am!" 

"Woah! I'm proud of you Toby."

"Thanks, Bee."

My Minecraft finally loaded and I spawned in a bizarre world. It seemed that already a lot of people had been on it and it looked very messy and out of order. I walked around for a little bit before saying.

"This town place needs to be fixed up, you people may be famous but you are horrible builders."

Toby chuckled a bit before saying. "Where are you right now?"

"By some sort of giant tower," I said looking around.

"I'm coming!" He says. "Stay where you are."

I take my hands away from the keyboard and wait for Toby to join me. I look around and then spot him coming towards me. I look up this username and grin.

"You haven't changed it?" 

"Nope, it kind of stuck."

"Ava will be very glad to hear that."

"Of course she will." He said with a laugh. 

"Can I get a tour?" I ask. 

"Yup, this way." He says before walking away. I follow his character around the server and he shows me the different places and buildings. I get a bit of a history lesson about the server and start to understand a few things. By the time we are done, it has been an hour and we are in his house just hanging and talking about what we should do.

"We could go and make you a house." He suggests.

"No, I want to live with you, since I won't be on much," I tell him with a sigh.

"Hey, Tubbo!" A voice suddenly rings through my headphones. I freeze at the deep American voice and my heart beats rapidly. Since when did Toby know Americans?

"Hey Dream!" Toby responds enthusiastically. I stay silent and they wait a second before I hear the deep voice, who I now know as dream say.

"Tubbo are you talking with the Bree girl I was told about?" He asks. 

"Mhm, Bree this is Dream, the guy I told you about." Toby introduces me. I don't respond though. Who is this Dream guy? Why is he talking to me and how does he know Toby? 

"Bee," Toby asks, I type into the game chat.

BeeBooks: You didn't tell me there would be other people.

Dream laughs before saying. "I'm on the game, I can see what you wrote." 

I bite my lip and try to even my breaths out. 

"Bee you can talk to him," Toby tells me. 

This is just a guy online, I'll never see him again. Maybe I can talk a bit, work towards being comfortable with conversations. I really want to be able to talk with people and be in crowds and this is the best place to start. I take in a deep breath.

"Hi," I say quietly. I watch as Toby's character does a victory dance.

"How are you Bree?" Dream asks. I purse my lips.

"Horrible," I say.

"And why is that?" He asks. 

"Because Toby sent one of his friends to stalk me," I said blandly. I was very proud of myself or getting out the sentence, though it was better that I didn't have people looking at me. 

"Tommy is not stalking you." Toby defends and I hear wheezes come from the headset. My brows furrow before I hear Dream speak.

"YOU SENT TOMMY TO STALK HER?" He yells between wheezes. I snort at how funny it actually sounds.

"He isn't stalking her, she's just being difficult about making friends." Toby keeps up his defence. The wheezes are getting quieter and Dream finally speaks up again.

"I feel bad for you Bree." He tells me.

"Thank you," I say with a smile.

"Tommy was the only option," Tobys speaks up again. "Trust me I would have sent anyone else if I could."

"Why are you making your friends stalk her in the first place?"

"She has a bad history with socializing with people," Toby tells him. I sigh and internally pray that he doesn't go into more detail. "Plus she wouldn't be hunted down by him if she would just talk to him."

"Well if you need anyone to talk to I could listen Bree." Dream says. I smile and squeak out a thank you. He leaves the call and I let myself relax.

"Is this Tommy really that bad?" I ask Toby.

"Well, I mean..." He starts.

"TOBY!" I say in exasperation. 

"He's my best friend."

"Yah but even the Dream guy thought it was a bad idea for you to send him to talk to me." 

"He's nice when you get to know him." 

"You're going to be the death of me Tobs," I tell him.