31

It seemed like I froze in that moment, not being able to register that he was not a part of my imagination and was in fact there. He ignored me and went over to a group of people. There were about ten of them and he seemed like he was happy. 

I wanted to be happy that nothing happened and that he didn't come see me but it pissed me off to see him happy. How could he be happy when I'm stuck like this. How dare he be laughing and smiling when he brought me to rock bottom? 

He was the reason I wasn't normal anymore, he's the reason I wasn't me. Why did he get to have good times with his friend when he made sure I was too broken to do so myself. Tears spilled down my cheeks as I watched him from afar.

-Flashback-

"Your essays must the about the development of the main character." Mrs. Peel explained to the class.

I smiled because I already had an idea in mind and knew it would land me a good mark. I had been thinking about becoming a literary professor or maybe some type of writer. I wasn't sure yet but I was thinking about doing professor since I liked to teach others and talk in front of classes.

I turned to Mack who was next to me and nudged his shoulder.

"I've got my essay idea." I boasted happily. He didn't answer right away and was frowning. I guessed he didn't have an idea and wanted to help him out. "You know you can come over to my place after school and I can help you out. We could even invite Toby and then go skating afterwards. You know I've been trying to teach Toby how to skate backwards but he can't seem to get it. I th-"

"Would you stop talking so fucking much?" Mack practically shouted.

I looked at him, confused. What was going on? Was something bothering him.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologized. I bit my bottom lip to stop it from quivering a teas pricked my eyes. The entire class was staring at us now and I looked away from Mack. He used to say that my rambling was funny, now it was annoying?

"You should be. You fucking talk all the time." He mumbled under his breath. But I sitting practically shoulder to shoulder with him, since we always did so.

Was my rambling that horrible?

-End of Flashback-

I blinked back at him as memories resurfaced. All the horrible things he had said to me was not something I could just get over. Everything that he's done made me like this, made me the panicky anti-social teenager I am today.

A girl walked up to him and started laughing. They walked towards the parking lot when Mack's gaze caught with mine again. I knew he could see it, he could see how broken I was. He had known me long enough to be able to read me easily. 

-Flashback-

Mack led me towards the bleachers where some of our other friends were sitting. I really wanted to go to the library but Mack told me to stop being a nerd and to follow him. I knew there was no arguing with him anymore and he practically dragged me out here. 

He had his arm around my shoulders as we sat down next to the guys. I sat nervously, trying not to talk or fidget like Mack wanted. He was not in a good mood this morning and I knew not to annoy him. 

"Hey there Mack." One of Mack's friends greeted. "We were starting truth or dare."

"Can we join?" Mack asked in my spot. I knew these games didn't usually amount to anything but I still didn't want to play. It was annoying and I didn't want to have to always tell them embarrassing things as I was not going to do one of their stupid dares.

"Sure. It's my turn." A different guy said. "So, Bree. Truth or Dare?" 

I furrowed my brows. Why were they asking me first? Usually, they went through a few rounds of forgetting me before I got involved. 

"Truth," I replied.

"Would you date Mack?" He asked abruptly.

"Uh." I looked back at Mack. I didn't want to hurt his feelings but knew I had to say the truth. He had a cocky grin on and I thought maybe he already knew the answer. "No. He's just a friend."

At this Mack's smile went away and I immediately knew I said the wrong thing. 

"I wouldn't date you either you know?" He snapped at me, making me flinch. "You and your talking all the time, your constant fidgeting and your obsession with school and books. Could you be any more of a boring bitch?"

Tears started to form in my eyes. He didn't really mean that, did he? He was my best friend and would never say such a thing to me. 

But this theory didn't match up with the look of hatred on his face. I felt tears running down my cheeks as I grabbed my bag and walked back towards the school. 

-Flashback-

I turned around quickly and made my way to the car. Why did he have to break me and not have consequences for it? I rushed towards the car to see Toms standing outside of it with a worried expression. 

I knew I was on the brink of a panic attack and as soon as I reached him I threw my arms around his waist. He seemed surprised by the hug but quickly hugged me back. I hopped that Mack still wasn't coming to see me. 

I was sobbing in his arms as I thought about all Mack had done to me. I tried blocking it out but seeing him just brought all the horrible things he had said about me back. The words, the guilting, the telling me that he loved me and cared for me when he was slowly breaking me piece by piece. 

"It's okay, I'm here," Toms reassured me, and for once that day he really did reassure me. 

A/n:

We met Mack! What do you all think about the asshole?

Big thank you to some more of you kind readers! Thanks for the votes and comments!

@LeDi26 @Cassians_mate @sadbhxo3 @princecharmiing @kayleef123 @Peoplehey345 @amy69420 @MakaylaLowell @Bakugoshornyslut @Mariy_trix @lmao_wut