The Golden Demi God and Jessica. The Hastings, Book 3

Chapter 16

Down in flames.

Trying to act the lady amongst Lady Cottrell and Alaska when her nemeses lifted his charming face smiling as if nothing was wrong.

"Charmed" he said lifting Lady Cottrell's hand in a dramatic kiss.

"Good grief he could act expressed Jessica hurt"

Turning his beautiful handsome face to Alaska standing revealing how she felt (so not lady like) gagged Jessica staring at them both.

He lifted Alaska's small hand in his before bowing his head needing to pretend he wanted to court her.

"Devil" her voice inside her head spat.

Seeing his lips lower to Alaska's hand Jessica squirmed in response sickened by his avoiding her or was it the other way round?

Her face full of fury Jessica responded really unladylike.

"Oh hell no he did not kiss my cousin's hand" spitting fire.

"You" she screamed ever so dramatic.

James lifted his head, expressing his thoughts.

"Yes My lady" his voice deep and smooth as chocolate said questioning a mad woman in front of him.

Stamping her foot she asked "Why are you here you libertine" furious he ignored her pressence right in front of them.

Jessica his fiery little playmate wanted to play did she?

Blinking James stood up buttoning up his jacket "I don't have to explain myself to an easy lay."

Low blow her sad eyes told him.

Her face showing her despair Jessica raised her hand slapping his all to charming face.

"You're a monster, please leave me alone" before she turned running out of Lady Cottrell's estate.

"Leave her alone" muttered James under his breath I never knew she was bloody in bath touching his sore cheek?

Alaska and Lady Cottrell stood watching then both argue intrigued. Alaska felt shattered "how did my cousin know James?"

Lady Cottrell felt Dumbfounded and intrigued, never in a million years had she seen such unladylike behaviour from her list.

Jessica Hastings would not do for her only son Herman. Turning her attention to 23 year old Alaska though may only be common landed gentry she behaved as a lady should.

"Alaska dear would you like to be introduced to my wonderful son Herman?"

She smiled nodding her head "I'd love to Lady Cottrell" following her across the floor where Herman stood cautiously.

Who cares if others say he kisses resemble a wet frog or his hands wander. I want to know him eyeing his manly figure.

"Herman", Lady Cottrell said full of overwhelming motherly charm "Here is Alaska Honeycombe please dance with her."

A blond, blue eyed girl stood before him eager to dance with him "for the love of god did these girls never give up?"

Herman paled another of his mother's lame ducks pushing his body off the wall. "My pleasure" he winced overcome by pity for the gel.

Alaska her eyes a shining hopeful blue agreed placing her hand in his.

OMG I am going to dance with Herman wistfully.

Herman drew her body in dancing ignoring her.

Cautious Herman bent his head for a small glance at her face finding her eyes on him. Locking his gaze on hers BOOM went his heart in overdrive.