The Golden Demi God and Jessica! The Hastings,Book 3

Chapter 6

Jessica's eyes Searched Hi an low for him across the crowded rooms, ready to show a lack of interest when James made an appearance.

Each night her dance card was full of over excited gentleman ready and willing to win her hand and interest.

Elisabetha smiled in relief Jessica danced with all eligible men each night.

One by one the gentleman were rejected causing outrage among the ton.

6 weeks had past and still no James circulating among the people. Was he even invited?

What a fool of course James was invited he was good looking with oodles of money.

Dancing felt dull and boring each time they stepped out in public. Rejecting such distinguished young heirs Jessica felt the wrath of their mother's each time.

Receiving an invitation to The Duke of Carpathia regal home filled everyone with rapturous pleasure.

Having helped Bonny a few years back after her kidnapping by Cain Edgar Manning Formally known as Cain Wildford they had kept in contact.

Bonny went on to marry Gabriel and his sister Ariel knew His Grace's sister Miriam from School

Everyone who was someone recieved a gold designed invite by the Carpathian secretary.

A new dress was bought along with baubles for the hair.

By night all upper class dress shops were sold out of material and trinkets so if you left shopping until last poor you!

Jessica was bathed, plucked and sprayed with scent, before squeezing into a corset so tight she couldn't breath, next under garments before the beautiful dress was lifted up her body and tied and buttoned into place.

Her wild black hair was styled in a simple style so young and fresh said the hair stylist!

Small glittering jewels were placed in her hair for dazzling shimmee and sparkle.

Once they had finished they whisked off to the Carpathian home for the midnight ball.

Never had so many carriage's were parked along the drive waiting to go in.

Loud music blared from inside Jessica felt rather uneasy tonight her eyes darting back and forward.

Walking inside each family had their names announced in greeting before being shown where to sit.

His Grace came along shaking papa's hand and kissing mama on her cheek.

Natasha behind me scowled at him rather nasty mama shot my sister a behave yourself glare.

Watching them both reminded me of myself and a certain someone!

Did The Duke Of Carpathia have feelings for Tasha? And did Tasha like his Grace?

Go on Jessica said her mama have fun and dance before she pushed me onto the floor!

Jessica felt slightly uncomfortable tonight by a presence she couldn't pin point.

She searchedthe room coming up with nothing, she dancing with titled young and old leachers, but never could find why she had those feelings inside?

Round and round she went around the room with her dance partners.

All the while the uneasy feeling steadily grew worse inside.

At one time Jessica was sure she spotted two icy blue eyes staring at her figure while dancing.