The Golden Demi God and Jessica, The Hastings Book 3

Chapter 38

The day didn't start off so well after the arrival of Hermione my grandmother, the wicked witch of London society I secretly murmured behind her back when she hugged me tight to her bosom. Now here I sat relaxing in the peace and quiet of my room nothing to interrupt the thoughts of my writings.  The light blazed inside my room from the old fashioned window I gazed out of each day. I was able to get away from the family rivalries. Now here I sat observant of the goings on outside hearing more carriages arrive one of them with the Wolverton crest and out popped the golden haired beauty Eva dressed in a lovely sky blue dress and bonnet. I grudgingly must admit becoming a mother did Eva the world of good seeing the happiness shine on her face when Marcus stepped down holding in his arms an unruly Camilla I laughed as I watched from the window seeing both of them over crowded with children including Xavier and Violet holding my sisters hand. After a while watching them all happy became boring so I started to re write into the diary. 

In reflection I wondered if I would ever be happy one day?, who knew what life had in store for James and I, only I knew life with a pain in the butt will never be good. Hearing yelling and screaming downstairs I refrained from investigating as I knew the noises were from the Bloodthorpe children running amuck.
A smile lit up my normally unhappy features seeing Bonny in tow with Gabriel tickling his wife my sister after climbing out of the carriage complete with Jasper and redheaded Scarlett. I tried to forget I too carried a child a mere week or so ago but what does that matter no one really cares about odd little Jessica Hastings who loved to sing and read old Gothic novels. Even mother seemed to have sinced warmed a little since I became Baroness Lawrence from marrying James, even though I was lower on the nobility scale than Eva and Bonny who were a Marchioness and countess respectively.

I sighed soon James and I will move in separate directions in our lives. Will we have children?, I must confess I have no clue to James' thought processes and have no need too. After we finish up here at the Devine estate who knows I may stay with the man who ruined everything I held dear to me or walk a different path?

This was my room from the beginning of staying here with my other grandparents before he came and the he is James, the man I married a few weeks ago. When we married I requested separate rooms as I could not deal with being in the same room as he.

Now with everyone arriving in Bath for a nice get together, James decided in annoying me for fun?

Who knew this is how it started.

James strode into my private chambers, a smug smile across his charming face. Immediately I knew he was up to something no good. I ignored him at first when he stood in the doorway watching me.

"What do you want James", I twisted my frame around facing the man who angered me in a daily basis?

As I watched him, a fantasy up close and personal, his smile grew broader hearing those words spoken from my lips, leaning his shoulder on the door frame.

"Jessica my sweet wife", he murmured so smooth, as chocolate melting in your mouth.

"I am not sweet James, please remember you are talking to a woman forced to marry you" I hissed in a tizz of swirling emotions.

"Darling you wound my bleeding heart" he commented hand upon his chest, so self assured now stepping inside the room I slept in.

"Can you please leave my room James" I said unkind to his tall frame?

"No" he spoke clearly at long last.

"What did I hear you say no to me James" now burning up?

"Oh I heard you sweet Jessica", moving inside the bedroom more "but this room is now mine sugar plum" his deep voice nearly had me fainting at his feet.