The Golden Demi God and Jessica! The hastings,book 3

Chapter 3

Twas the night of the ball. All were in a pickle about Jessica's come out and how they would recieve her?

For 6 months now they conversed with Alexander's mother the dowager countess about sponsoring her granddaughter.

Elisabetha's parent's were non to pleased being left out.

Explaining to her parent's only someone of rank could sponser Jessica make her come out.

Mighty put out they argued with Alexander's mother much to the delight of the dowager! How she enjoyed putting these common people in their place!

Jessica needed special treatment many talked about Jessica's hobbies in a hush hush way. The ton made this come out very difficult to say the lease and her grandmother helping stopped all in their tracks.

"Oh Jess this is magical" Tasha managed to say "you'll be so very beautiful out off all those viper girl's on the marriage mart this evening"

"So you say Tasha" Jessica murmured back displeased to even be attending tonight. "Lot's of girl's will be beautiful you know judging by her own appearance which was somewhat lacking tonight"

"Yes they maybe beautiful yet inside they are greedy cold bitches Tasha replied not giving an inch"

Imagine tonight you glide in a princess attending her first ball Natasha remarked gloating those other girls will be wearing painted faces and jewellery too large for their necks!

Jessica laughed "oh Tasha I haven't laughed so much in a long time hugging her 15 year old sister in a bear hug"

"Hey sister dear I cannot breathe said Natasha squashed in Jessica's embrace."

Natasha brushed past her walking near the window touching the glass and observing people go by. Natasha sucked in a breath feeling almost dreamlike today.

Watching her 15 year old sister near the window sill, her straw coloured hair hung down her back, icy blue eyes resembling crystal could harden when annoyed, Tasha was gangly the tallest of all the Hastings girl's.

Natasha was her favourite sister they had many subjects in common her's was to study music and Tasha's was to help the poor!

Jessica knew since the age of 13 Tasha had often snuck out of their townhouse to the dark dank streets of London's poor!

Flash back

A few years ago Tasha came home spitting chips.

Climbing into bed Tasha told her she met a very dangerous man on the streets who bought an old warehouse she had wanted to purchase.

Jessica lying in bed remarked "but you haven't the money and you're only 15 pointing out how hard buying such a place."

"You understand nothing" Tasha said under her breath before turning her back and sleeping leaving Jessica in limbo.

End of flash back

Being a tall girl Natasha seemed older than her 15 year's, the homeless of London didn't know she came from wealth and privilege she would disguise herself by her hooded dark cloak over her body and head.

She didn't want to mention she knew about her sister's night work after promising Jessica she would stop 2 years ago. I couldn't stop the homeless mean too much my heart would indeed break.

I have since put many young girls in good families seeking servants and young boys as stable hands. I try my hardest to keep families together if a job required more than one hired help.