The Golden Demi God and Jessica, The Hastings, Book 3

Chapter 43

James was still dressed in the clothing he wore a few days ago when I moved to where he sat an empty glass on the table.
Wrapping the robe about me I made my way beside James and his eyes were a flinty shade of blue noticing me standing like a fool.

"Why aren't you in bed James" I rebuked him for staying up and not coming to bed after all we are married now?

"I didn't feel like sleeping with my wife" came his bitter tone staring into space.

I remained standing near him when he said those harsh words, ripping my heart out of my chest bit by bit.

Not wanting to show him I was hurt, I chastised him "James really are you a boy or a man?"

With those tiny words James pushed back him chair breaking it in two before he came to stand next to me gripping both my arms in his and shoving me none to gently on a wall in the kitchen. "James" I protested seeing a change in his nature.

"A boy or a man" he spat in my face clearly annoyed with my reply, "You know what Jessica he said right to my face go play with your dolls and stay away from me because if I was a man I'd take you here and now with your legs wrapped around me moaning as I thrust inside you like before you became this vapid stupid creature like the rest of you're family" he bit out hurting me.

I stared up into his heated eyes and felt sad when we said harsh words to one another. We may not love one another but we could build on our relationship if James let go of past hurts.

"Please let go of my arms James" I requested winching when he gripped me harder.

"Sorry" came his short reply letting his hands drop and I reached out cupping his angry face with my hands pulling his face towards mine and I kissed him full on the lips.

At first James was unresponsive to the kiss I gave him but I persisted showing him the love in my heart I didn't stop kissing him telling him I wanted him body and soul.

"Jessica we can't" came his hoarse reply against my mouth pushing away from me shaking from whatever was tearing him in two?

I pulled him back though "yes we can James" I protested again when he tried running away again. James moved away from me and I saw the turmoil inside him from fighting our feelings or attraction. Not giving up I came up to him trailing a finger down his tense back "James I want us to try again with no past between us" I replied scared what James might say.

And I was right James was mega angry with the past, "Jessica I'll say this one way, I don't want to try with you ever I destest the family you were born into and I just wanted to ruin you."

He faced me his features tight and red "Jessica you are the last woman I'd ever want as my wife and I never wanted kids until you got yourself up the duff!"

I stood there a sorry sight to see holding on to the tears that were going to fall down my face. This is what he wanted for me to do but I gulped down the hurt and continued the speech.

"James you don't mean that" stumbling over my words in faith James would come around.

He laughed a harsh sound "oh but I do mean those words Jessica, I will never want you or love you, Yes I may want to thrust inside you dearest but that is just lust and sex I could get with a prostitute" he burst out shattering the dreams I had for us.

I flew at him smacking him in the face hard, calling him all sorts of terrible names he held me off growing bored with me.

"Go to bed Jessica and leave me alone, in future until I want you" he turned away leaving me alone.