I Still Deserve Christmas Right?

Riley had taken me home after that. And ever since he left his lingering presence with me with every step I took. I still felt the burn on my shoulders from where he touched me. I got Ben from Josie's house and we spent Christmas Eve with Ethan. Patty brought over the gifts I left in her house. She cursed me out. She said why I had to wrap everything so well so that she couldn't see anything. Then I told her it was for that exact reason. I couldn't get the look off of Riley's face during the drive back. It was hard almost frozen. Like if I reached over to touch him my hand would freeze. He had said nothing to me. Which was how I knew I had done something or said something wrong. he hadn't called no Merry Christmas which I didn't mind. I deserved it. Ethan convinced me to celebrate on Christmas morning when he yanked me out of bed. He said that with everything I had gone through I deserved something sweet. I still deserved Christmas. Right? Someone please say right or else I'll go mad! How can I enjoy Christmas? Mr.Stevens is in jail. Riley hates me probably. In all fairness I would too. And now I can't even take Ben home. Home can I? How can I even go home? I broke the window for God's sake! The sun out was big and you saw half. The sky was orange purple yellow and a bright white. Beautiful. It was a white Christmas it snowed. The first time in years.
All the kids had opened up their gifts. I bought Ben a beautiful vintage train set. And now he was addicted. Ethan placed a mug of hot chocolate in my hands and I smiled. The first time in days. He handed me a box.
"Ethan! You didn't have to get me anything!" I say and take it from him. It was a fat silver box in a huge beautiful bow. Patty fell unto the couch next to me.
"Its from both of us" she says with a smile. I make a face and hand her my mug.
"Oh you guys!" I say.
"Hey!" Patty shouts and reaches behind the couch. "You bought me my Birkin bags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she says in a deep funny voice and I laugh.
"You wanted them didn't you" I say and she dreamily hugs them.
"Yes I did" she says and caresses them "My babies" she whispers and Ethan laughs.
I open up the box and flinch because I'm so startled. Patty puts her bags down and yanks out a chain from under her shirt and Ethan does the same.
"You guys" I say and take the necklace out. It was a sterling silver necklace with one third of a heart attached to the end. It read in beautiful letters Friends
"I got Best because I'm the best!" Patty says and attaches her part to mine.
"I got forever because i'll be good looking forever!" Ethan says and puts his part to mine.
"So we thought of a word that describes you" Patty says and looks at Ethan.
"And we thought friend. Because you're such an amazing one" he says. The heart forms perfectly. It read:
Best Friends Forever
My part of the heart was the middle.
"I think you've noticed you part of the heart is the center" Patty centers
"The center part is essential to the heart. The same way you're essential to us" Ethan says and I'm ready to burst into tears.
"You guys" I say and cover my mouth. Ethan turned it over and the back was engraved:
All parts of a whole
No one had ever done something more beautiful then that for me and because of it I love them.
"I love you guys" I croak and they wrap their arms around me and I savor the moment. The most beautiful moment in my life. The door opens and They cover me so I can't see who's there.
"Who is it?" I ask and Patty hols my face in place. Ethan laughs.
"I invited him over. Its kind of a surprise" he says.
"Dear God what did you do?" I ask now terrified for my life.
"I'm not that bad you know" someone says from behind and my heart stops.
"Is that-?" I say but they're already nodding. They part so that I can see him standing under the arc of the living room.