Wednesdays are Mr. Stevens Days

I finished grading the last of the poetry papers and handed the pile to Mr.Stevens.
"Thank you very much" he says and I blow a bubble with my gum.
"You're welcome very much" I say and grab a pile of the essays.
I had my legs kicked up and resting on the edge of his desk leaning back in my favorite black leather chair. The one he doesn't let anyone use but me.
"So," I say and open up a paper. He looks at me through his glasses for a glance then back down to his work. "My father came back" I say and the pen he had been chewing on feel straight to the ground when he looked at me. I blew another bubble and it made a clicking sound when it popped.
"So he's back" he asks and I nod. Ugh, this person has horrible handwriting. I look at the paper I'm grading and it's Polly Pipper. I hate her. She stole my make up bag last year. I looked around and plopped a big fat F on the top of her paper. I quickly slip it under the pile of graded papers and look around again. No one saw. Especially Mr.Stevens. He was too busy starring out the window.
"I called a lawyer last week" he says. The bubble pops and slowly deflates hanging on the tip of my lip.
"You what?" Is all I manage to spit out.
"I didn't say anything because I didn't know how you would react but-" he says and the door flies open.
"Mr. Stevens!" Brittney shouts and she looks frantic. Even frantic she looks like a ditz.
"What is it?" he asks and she points breathlessly out the door.
"Chelsea" she says and gasps for air. Mr.Stevens springs out of his chair and walks over to her. "She had an episode. She fainted in the hallway" she says and I follow Mr.Stevens out the door. She was right. Chelsea was in my chemistry class we were partners. She was beautiful. Auburn hair pretty thick eyebrows nice smile and big brown eyes. They called the nurse but after that I hadn't seen Brittney. She just stayed in the classroom.
When Mr.Stevens and I came back in we sat down and I picked up the pile I was working on. I looked a it and frowned. These were the Writing Assignments for my class not the essays I was grading. I looked at his desk. I had left the pile right on my seat but this one wasn't it. Instead it was on the floor. I picked it up and shook my head out. I must be loosing it.
"About the lawyer thing" I say and he frowns.
"It won't take long for things to be put into motion" he says and looks up at me the color draining from the hazel in his eyes.
"You really want to do this?" he asks and I look down.
"Anything that gets Ben and I out of there" I say and look at him. I shake my head a bit "Anything" I whisper. he nods.
"As you wish" he says and sits back in his chair.
"Serves me right for putting my entire life story into my writing assignment." I say and he looks at me.
"My entire back story family life, friends, every aspect of myself in something as simple as an assignment for Mr.Stevens creative writing class" I say and a smile creeps across my face. I laugh a little.
"Really something huh?" I say and he licks his lips try.
"Truly is" he says and the belle rings. "You should get home Tess. I know today is Wednesday and Wednesdays are Mr.Stevens Days for you but I think it'd be best if you head home" he says. I nod and my feet make a slamming noise when they slide off the edge of his desk and hit the ground. Before I walk the door I turn back and look at him.
"Thanks" I said and his eyes meet mine "For everything"