20

I'd imagined death would bring peace.

I'd imagined my mother would meet me at the beginning and guide me through the bright light everyone talks about seeing.

I'd imagined I'd be able to watch those alive and give myself some sort of comfort.

But there was no light. There was no watching my loved ones. There was no comfort. There was no one there with me. I just stood alone in black nothingness.

I felt my legs tingle. I looked down to see my legs start to disappear again.

"No, no, not again."

I closed my eyes tight. Whatever is coming, I'm not sure I want to see it.

I took a deep breath in and smelt all the blooming flowers and the fresh air of a spring. I felt grass beneath my feet. I opened my eyes to see I was back in Wakanda, right where I'd been just a moment ago.

"Sam? Bucky?" I asked the two men standing before me. "What's going on? I just watched you two turn to dust."

"W-" Sam started but was cut off by some sort of portal thing.

Peter along with a bunch of other people I'd seen walked through.

"Peter!" I ran over and gave him a hug and I felt his arms wrap around me.

"It's been five years, and they need our help." A man said.

"Who's he?" I whispered to Peter.

"The wizard." He replied.

"Oh." I laughed. He started to make a portal thingy and we walked through. I swung and landed next to Steve. He looked at me and I nodded to him.

"Avengers!" Steve called out, "Assemble." With that we ran towards battle.

I started to swing and web up as many aliens as I could and avoided getting hurt.

I heard as everyone passed the gauntlet around to get it to the tunnel. I webbed Thanos to try and keep him occupied while Carol kept going. Thanos threw me back and I hit some debris.

"Shit." I grunted. Thanos threw something on top of me to keep me down. "Come on, you can do this." I said to myself.

I pushed whatever was on top of me off and I stood up. I saw all the aliens turning to dust.

I ran over to where I saw Thor, Steve, Pepper, and Peter looking at something. As I got closer I saw Tony on the ground. Tears ran to my eyes. Peter was crying as I hugged him. I know Tony's not going to make it out of here, and as much as it kills me, it's killing Peter more.

"We're gonna be okay." Pepper said softly to Tony. I heard Peter sob more and I knew what happened.

"I know." I said as he buried his face in my shoulder.