29

"Morning." Brad said standing next to my locker.

"Good morning." I smiled.

I've gotten closer with Brad over these past two weeks. He's really funny and a good person.

It's been 2 weeks since school started again, and Peter and I went on a break. It's killed me not being with Peter, but we both have things to work through. It's not fair to him for me to drop all my problems on him with my anxiety and all.

I turned the corner talking to Brad. I saw Peter talking with Ned and my heart broke a little more. It's ok. You both need this time. And you're not broken up forever... hopefully.

I've begun to feel like Brad wants to get closer to me, but not in the same way I want to get closer to him. But I could be wrong. I probably am wrong. Who am I kidding? I'm totally wrong.

...

"Good morning." I said walking over to Brad.

"Hey, what are you doing tonight?" He asked.

"I don't know, why? Got something to do?" I asked.

"You wanna go to dinner, maybe a movie?" Oh no. I think I just confirmed my suspicion. I anxiously fiddled with my hair.

"Sorry, Brad, I just remembered Hannah and I are going to the... Coffee House on 67th and Brooke! We go after school and talk for a while. It's a tradition we have." I laughed nervously. This is so awkward. "Shoot, I forgot my math book! I gotta go get it!" I quickly walked out away to my locker and pretended to grab some books.

This is going to be a long day.

...

Hey

I looked at my phone and saw Brad text me.

Hey!
Would you wanna go
out sometime? Like a
date?

Shit.

Sorry, I'm not looking for that rn

Left on read. Great. I just want to have a friend, yet, apparently that cant happen.

...

"Oh my God, don't even get me started on this stupid project we have to do for Bio. Mr Hellier wants us to-" I started to say as Hannah and I walked.

I was cut off by something cold and wet hit my chest. I looked down to see my white shirt doused with water and turning see-through as my pink bralette poked through.

"You knew I liked you since the trip to Europe! You kept me around for your ego! To make you feel better about yourself!" Brad yelled at me, holding an empty water bottle in his hand.

Are you kidding me?! I felt tears of embarrassment rush to my eyes.

"I didn't-" I said covering my chest, "You can't-"

Peter rushed up to me, covering my chest with his sweatshirt.

"Come on." He whispered to me. I took his sweatshirt and put it on as we started to walk away.

"Bitch!" Brad yelled after me. Peter immediately turned around and punched Brad across the face.

"Peter! No!" I yelled. Brad held onto his face before taking a swing at Peter. "Stop it! Both of you! Stop!" I said trying to pull them off of each other.

"Hey! HEY!" Mr Lawry yelled running over to us. Great. "Office, all three of you! Now!"

"All three of us?" I questioned pointing to myself.

"Now." He said again.

We trudged our way to Principal Morita's office. I sat down next to Peter as Brad went in to speak with principal Morita. After a while Brad came out and Peter went in.

"Mrs Jones, why do I have to be here? I didn't do anything!" I begged the secretary.

"I'm sorry sweat pea, but this has everything to do with you. You need to speak with the principal. You're not going to be in trouble, honey." He said sweetly.

"Miss Richards, step into my office." Mrs Morita said. I stood up and walked hesitantly past Peter into the office. "What happened?" She asked sitting down.

"I rejected Brad, and he doused me with water as revenge, I guess? Peter gave me his sweatshirt and started to take me away, but Brad provoked him, and he turned around and punched Brad." I explained.

"Well then, we've contacted your legal guardian, he's on his way to take you home." My face dropped. "Unlike the other two, you're not suspended. I just assumed you'd want to go home early after a day like this." I nodded my head quickly and walked out of the office.

I sat in silence next to Peter while I waited for Steve to come.

"Come on, kid." Steve said tapping my shoulder. I stood up quickly and walked to the car with Steve. "You want to talk about what happened?"

"Nope."

"Alright." Steve sighed starting the car.

What a great way to start off my weekend.