Chapter 17 - datey date dates

Sunday was rough. Noah was throwing up for a lot of the night, and although he didn't really have any hair that Tabs or I could hold back, we still supported him, rubbing his back reassuringly, getting him water, and helping him back into bed eventually. None of us really got any sleep, and the entire of Sunday was spent doing fuck all. Noah was nursing a pretty bad hangover, and Tabs and I were trying to help him whilst also nursing our own hangovers, which weren't as bad, but definitely weren't fun. "I hate that boy," Noah groaned, talking about Jonty. I was sat next to him on his bed, upright against the headboard, whilst he was lying down, and his head was next to my thigh. I was messing with his hair, just playing with it, which I think relaxed him slightly.

"So do I Noah."

"What we talking about?" asked Tabs as she walked into the room.

"How much we hate Jonty," I answered.

"Oh, I love this conversation already, I hate that boy with every fibre of my being." Tabs came and lay down next to Noah, lying her head in the lap of my crossed legs. "Play with my hair too bitch," she demanded, so I did. I felt like their mother then and there.

"Jordan and I kissed," I blurted out.

"FUCK. OFF," Tabs shouted, bolting upright.

"My head fucking kills, stop shouting Tabs, but congrats Aves," Noah groaned, picking up a pillow and putting it on his face. "You two are not allowed to discuss this till tomorrow afternoon."

"Fine," grumbled Tabs, although I knew she was dying to ask me a million questions.

At the party on Saturday, Jordan had said he had plans with me all week, and today, Monday, was supposed to be coffee, although he hadn't texted me. I mean, nothing was set in stone anyway, that's just what he told me. Maybe after the revelation about me not having sex for the last 4 years might make him think I'm a freak or something and run away.

"Avery?" his voice; Jordan's voice.

I turned and looked up at him. "I didn't think you were coming," I said honestly.

"I'm not a flake," he smirked, offering me his hand for me to take.

"You never were," I smiled at him. We headed back to the coffee shop we went to the last time, and sat at the same table, that was hidden out of the way. "So, coffee on Monday, but lunch Wednesday, but we are having lunch right now, what's the difference?"

"Well, we'll go to a proper lunch place on Wednesday," he smiled at me from across the table, "and you aren't allowed to order coffee Wednesday."

"And what if I do?" I teased.

"I'll have to confiscate it till the next specific coffee date." I chuckled at him as he gave me a goofy smile.

I really thought that after Saturday things would be weird between the two of us, not just because of the kiss, but also because of the fact that he now knows he is the only guy I have ever had sex with, and therefore for the last for years my vagina has not had a single penis near it. "So, no one else was up to my standards?" he winked, but I knew he was being half serious, trying to get the truth out of me.

"I think you actually scarred me for life, I'm still trying to recover," I toyed with him.

"Oh really, that's not what you were saying at the time."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." We were both smiling at eachother, grinning like idiots. "Seriously though, I only want to have sex with someone I love, or can see loving, and someone like that just didn't come along in the last four years."

"What about when you get horny?" he asked, looking kind of shocked.

"I can handle myself," I flirted. I saw him tense slightly, and his eyes filled with the lust I remember whenever we talked about sex or masturbation.

"That's really hot," he spoke in a raspy voice.

After a few moments of stealing glances from eachother over the top of our coffee cups, he asked the question I knew was coming. "Who's Joel?" I took a long sip of my coffee, held it in my mouth for a moment or two, savouring the flavour, and also not having to answer that question, before swallowing it.

"Joel is no one important," I stated.

"If he hurt you I swear Avery I swear I'll-"

"Joel is in the past, yes, he was an asshole, but it's over, he was from uni-days, nothing to do with me now."

"What about the other two?"

"My other two exes were also not great, one possessive, one weird, I don't wanna get into it." I took another sip of coffee.

"I was possessive though..." he trailed off.

"In a cute way, he tried to beat up Noah for hugging me, calling him a liar when he said he was gay, and said if he didn't move out of the house I was sharing with him and others, he would burn him in his sleep. He just didn't trust me at all, and it was suffocation, also he was psycho," I explained. I saw a pained expression in Jordan's eyes, and realised I may have touched a nerve, because the reason we broke up in the first place was because of a lack of trust. "Sorry," I mumbled.

"Don't be Avery, I trust you with anything and everything right now, I just regret my past actions, that's all." I put my hand over his, and he moved his hand, so it was holding mine. I smiled reassuringly at him.

***

Tuesday was movie night. Jordan picked me up after work and whisked me away in an expensive-looking orange car, with a horse symbol on it, to the cinema. He chose a romance, and I cried, a lot. I swear I even saw a tear escaping his eyes as well, but I knew he would get embarrassed if I pointed it out.

At some point in the movie, Jordan lifted his arm and put it around my shoulders, and I snuggled into him, with one of my hands interlinked with his, and the other resting on his stomach. It felt good, it felt right. I couldn't help but think of how glad I was that fate took me to London and took me to that boxing match where I bumped into him, because I knew I probably never would have messaged him first, not in a million years; I was too much of a coward.

***

1096 words

Just kind of a filler to have some cute Jordan and Avery cutesy stufffff