Chapter 27 - reunion

The next day I got up. Well, technically it was the same day; it was still Saturday, just later in the day. Today was going to be different, today was going to be good, I could feel it, and today I needed to go and talk to Jordan. I left my room, fully dressed and showered, and I poured myself a coffee.

"Good morning," Noah sang out as he joined me in the kitchen. "Where you off to today?"

"I'm going to see Jordan, I want to see if we can work things out, I don't know yet if I can raise another woman's baby, but I know I love Jordan, and I just want to be back in his arms, and be there for him," I explained.

"That's very mature of you Aves, you're my queen," Noah hugged me. "Call me if you need anything."

***

The last time I was outside Jordan's door, I could barely bring myself to knock, but now I was ready. I knocked lightly on the door, and I heard the shuffling behind it. The door swung open to reveal Jordan, shirtless, with shorts on. "Avery?" he looked confused, like I was a dream or something.

"Can I come in?" I asked. He stepped aside and let me into his room. "You tidied since the last time I saw you?"

"I was a mess the last time you saw me," he admitted sheepishly.

"How are you now?" I asked, genuinely concerned for his wellbeing. "I'm sorry I've been so absent it's just... it's been hard for me."

"I know, it's been hard for me too. I'm better. I took your advice; I ate when I was supposed to, and I slept when I was supposed to. I can't say I didn't get into any fights though," he smirked at me.

"Sounds like you," I let out a small laugh.

"So... what brings you to this neck of the woods?" he asked.

"I, um, I've had time to think, and um, I love you a lot Jordan, and I do want to, I don't know, work this out, if you want to."

"What?!" he snapped his head to look at me, whilst a look of pure shock was evident on his face. "Even with the baby?" he asked.

"Even with the baby. I want to be here for you, through thick and through thin, and it was hard at first, I needed some space and time to adjust, but I want to try and make it work," I admitted.

"Are you serious, or are you fucking with me?" he asked as a grin slowly made its way onto his face.

"I'm serious," I laughed.

"Fuck, Avery, I love you so fucking much," he practically ran over to me and captured my lips with a kiss. The kiss was passionate, and it was needy, it was hot, and it was intense.

"Wait, have you slept with anyone since we've been apart?" I asked, pulling back slightly.

"Of course not," he said back. With that confirmation, I pulled his face down to mine and kissed him.

We made love after that. We fucked a lot. It was passionate and it was needy. We both needed eachother, we both loved eachother, and we both couldn't live without eachother, and we were willing to go to all of these lengths to be with eachother.

After I passed out from all of the sex, and he passed out next to me, I woke up in his warm embrace. This is just how I wanted to wake up every single day from here on out, and I wasn't about to let anyone get in my way. "Stop wriggling," Jordan groaned as he buried his head in my neck.

"I love you," I said to him. His eyes snapped open, and he stared into my eyes, as if thinking it had all been a dream, but here I was, right here, next to him.

"I love you so much Avery," he kissed me. "Now go back to sleep," he pulled me closer into his embrace, and I giggled softly at him.

***

"What if she hates me?" I whisper shouted into Jordan's ear as we sat at the table of a restaurant, watching as Cleo made her way towards us.

"She won't hate you," Jordan whisper yelled back to me. It had been five days since Jordan and I rekindled our relationship, and we spent a lot of it having sex, cuddling and doing all sorts of random crap. Now it was time for me to meet Cleo though, the mother of Jordan's child. I was so nervous I was shaking, and that was a huge understatement. If she hated me that would just affect everything, because it would just put unnecessary tension into an already hard situation.

"Hi Jordy," Cleo said, as he stood up and outstretched his hand to shake hers. She took his hands and pulled him closer so that she kissed him on the cheek. I also gave her my hand to shake. "And Avery."

"Hi," I smiled at her, instinctively tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

The lunch went pretty well. Cleo seemed lovely, and she definitely seemed to have her head screwed on. That was, at least, until Jordan had to go to the bathroom, then she turned into the wicked witch of the west, multiplied by fifty. "You better stay the fuck away from Jordan or I swear to God I will rip every hair from your head and punch that pretty little face of yours, you homewrecking slut. If you don't leave him, I won't let him see his baby, then see whether or not he likes you after that, knowing you are the sole reason he cannot see his child. Pretty soon he will come crawling back to me, the kind, caring, mother of his baby," she sneered at me with all the disgust in the world. I was completely taken aback. Who the heck was this woman and what has she done to the Cleo I was literally just having lunch with two minutes ago?

Before I could even say anything back to her, Jordan came back. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to leave Jordan, I love him, but I didn't want to be the reason that he is kept from seeing his baby.

That evening, I tried to tell Jordan what Cleo had said to me at the lunch, but he didn't believe me, he even had the audacity to say that I was lying so that I could have him all to myself. "How can you even say that Jordan?" I shouted at him.

"I thought you wanted to support me!"

"I thought you trusted me!"

"I do trust you," he argued back.

"Then trust what I'm saying to you," I threw my hands up in the air.

"I just don't understand, she's never come across in that way at all," he sighed, putting his head in his hands. "What do we do?" he asked, looking up at me.

"I don't want to be the reason you don't see your baby."

"But I love you," he came over to me and hugged me warmly. "I'm sorry I accused you of lying, I just... it's hard, you know that."

"I'm glad you trust me," I smiled up at him. "She can't keep your son from you, you can take her to court for that."

"I just wish it was different," he sighed.

"It'll work out," I reassured him.

"I hope so," he sighed, running a hand through his hair. 

***

1236 words