Chapter 23 - babies

It was a Saturday today, and I woke up in the loving embrace of my boyfriend, Jordan Shaw. Jordan fucking Shaw. My boyfriend. I don't think I could ever get tired of that.

We had a lovely breakfast together and started the day off right, with some good sex. I had stayed at his house the night before, but I had a bag of clothes with me, so I got showered and changed. "You know, you can have a drawer and keep stuff here if you'd like," Jordan suggested, as he lay on the bed, shirtless, with his hands behind his head as his elbows spread outwards, giving me a perfect view of his abs and biceps.

"Really?" I asked, checking him out, whilst he similarly checked me out at the same time.

"Really," he walked over and pulled me into a hug. "I know it's a bit quick, but maybe some day soon you can move in too, I just want to spend all my time with you, I can't think of anything better."

I smiled up at him from our hug, resting my chin on his warm chest. "Some day soon is good with me." When the doorbell went, he released me and went to go see who was there, but not before giving me a quick kiss.

Jordan had been gone for a little while, and so I decided to go down and see if he was okay, and what was keeping him so long. The atmosphere in the living room was weird. Jordan's face was like he had seen a ghost, and there was a woman there sat opposite him. I was so confused. "Jordan? Is everything okay?" I asked softly. His head snapped up to look at me. I'm not great at reading emotions from his eyes, but his face looked pained, and he was pale, way too pale. I looked at the woman, she looked guilty, she looked like she had been crying too. Who was she? Then I looked at Jordan, realising he was holding something in his hands. I walked over to him to look at what it was, and he didn't move and inch, he just sat there, staring at it, like a statue.

No. It can't be.

No.

"Is- is that a-a pregnancy test?" I asked, not believing my eyes. I needed confirmation. Jordan snapped his head up to look at me again, he didn't say anything, but his face looked pained, so pained. "Is that y-your pregnancy test?" I asked the woman. She nodded her head, also looking pained, and guilty, so very guilty. "And w-who is the father?" I asked. I feel like I already knew the answer, but I didn't want to believe it. It couldn't be true. There is no way-

"I am," Jordan said. Two words. Two words brought my world crumbling down. Two words ruined everything. No, there were more words that needed to be said. Words from me.

"I-I'm sorry, I can't," I said, turning on my heel and running out of the room as fast as I could. I didn't care that I still had a bag of stuff up in his room, I had my phone on me, and that was all I needed, I didn't need clothes. My car keys were on the side table, and I grabbed them and jumped in my car.

"Wait!" Jordan called out.

"Jordan, I just- this is so hard- I can't do this with you. I'm sorry, I- I just can't. Go be with her, it's okay, I just can't," I stumbled all over my words, traitorous tears were running out of my eyes, and as much as I tried to stop them, they wouldn't stop.

I know driving whilst crying is dangerous, so dangerous, but I needed to get out of there. Once I had reached a certain point, I pulled over into a car park near some fast food restaurants and I broke down in my car, with my forehead on the steering wheel. I cried. I cried like I had never cried before in my life. It hurt so badly. Just when I thought things were looking up, just when I thought I was loved. I- I just couldn't. I know Jordan wouldn't have cheated on me, she must have conceived before I was in the picture, but still, it hurt so badly. I wanted to have children with Jordan, I wanted to be the mother of his children. We always used to talk about it, even though we were young. Call me selfish, but I can't be in a situation like that. I can't try and have a relationship with him when he has a child with another woman and he has to try and navigate his relationship with the other woman, and the child. It's just too much.

After I had settled a bit, I went to one of the drive-through restaurants and ordered a load of crappy comfort food, then I drove home. "Avery?" I heard Tabs' soft voice as I walked in through the door. She never uses my actual name, unless it is something serious, or she is angry.

"Yeah?" I asked, walking over to her. All she did was hand me an object. I put my fast food bags down and took it from her hands. A pregnancy test. Another fucking pregnancy test. "Y-you're pregnant?" I asked. She nodded her head. I broke down into tears, she broke down into tears, and we just hugged.

The door opened and Noah and Kyle walked in. "Kyle, go home," Noah said. Kyle nodded and left, and Noah walked over to the two of us, still balling our eyes out. Tabs showed Noah the test, and he hugged her softly. "Why are you crying Aves?" Noah asked. I hadn't even told Tabs what had gone on today.

"Jordan he- he- there was a w-woman, a-and she's pregnant w-with his baby," I broke down crying again.

"I'm going to kill him," I heard Noah growl.

"Please, just be with me," I held his hand.

"I'm so sorry Avey, fuck, if I knew I wouldn't have shown you," Tabs looked guilty.

"Tabs, it's not your fault he did that, I'm so happy for you, I know it's a weird time, and a new relationship, but you seem happy, really happy, and there are options. You'll get through this," I hugged her.

"Thank you," she spoke into my shoulder, where her face currently was. "What are you going to do?"

"I broke up with Jordan. I can't be in a relationship with him and another woman and a child, I know it's selfish but, I just can't. I guess now I will forget about him, and that part of my life, and move on," I tried to smile, but I wasn't feeling it.

"Well, the first step is food. Whoever brought this didn't get nearly enough food," Noah was inspecting the takeaway bag I got from earlier. "I'm ordering food, we are having flat night." We nodded in agreement.

"Have you told Oli yet?" I asked Tabs. She shook her head no.

"I'll do it tomorrow. God, my parents will be so disappointed," she threw her head in her hands.

"The Joe and Nicole I know will be thrilled to become grandparents, and they are always happy as long as you are happy," I took Tabs' hands in my hands and she looked up at me.

"You are so strong Avery, you'll get through this, I know it," she smiled softly.

"You are so strong too. We will get through this, together," I smiled back at her.

"Guys, this is so sweet, I think I'm going to cry," Noah sobbed, grabbing us both into a huge hug.

"I guess you predicted it Noah, you said there would be babies in our future," Tabs laughed. We had to laugh about it, because otherwise we would cry, and I really didn't want to cry anymore.

"God, I should become a psychic," Noah joked.

***

1312 words

30/01/21