𝐗𝐈𝐕

"Excuse me?!"

"Excuse me?!"

Screamed Hee-Young with a high-pitched voice and lifted eyebrows in pure disbelief. The girl had spoken for Yunho, too, whose reaction was to pant silently.

Mr. Kang shook his head and freed a long, deep breath out of frustration. The gist of the situation was the one Areum had just said, he would've chosen a different tone and different words, though. He stepped towards the group of three that had formed at the entrance of the house.

"What she's trying to say is that, due to your condition, it is better if you don't hang out with Mr. Jeong for a while. Just to keep everyone safe."

The girl scoffed and folded her arms under her solid breast, staring at the two adults in front of her with pure anger. What she was attending to was a scene that happened only in those boring and old books that she had to read for school, the only difference stood in the date: the books belonged to the seventeenth century and she was living in the twenty-first.

"What is this no sense, now?"

Hee-Young murmured sarcastically as she tried to repress a mocking laugh that was tickling in her chest.

Areum had reached her limit, her patience had run out, especially if she thought about all the wrong attitudes and actions the girl had made towards her.

"Don't play dumb, Choi Hee-Young. You know that you aren't a normal girl."

The girl's cheeks turned red and started burning: she didn't know why a sudden wave of embarrassment had hit her, since her mother was right. Hee-Young quickly realised that she had never told Yunho about her "peculiarity", though she wasn't even sure if she wanted to tell him.

Yunho's eyes shot on the girl next to him, his eyebrows lifted and his lips slightly parted, speechless and confused, completely lost in that conversation. Countless questions started to cloud his brain, he didn't know which one to start from. That adjective, normal, could mean anything, for Yunho. It could be that Hee-Young had some sort of weird disease, an awkward habit, or a curious feature on her body that he hadn't noticed. In any case, that wouldn't have changed his feelings towards her.

"What do you mean with-"

"Don't listen to them!"

The male had tried to ask for the reason for that unexpected quarrel, but Hee-Young's voice stood above his and made him jump on his feet, not expecting such a harsh reaction.

Areum stepped into the conversation. She knew that Hee-Young would've never told him about her true nature, but she wasn't sure if it was a matter of pride, a matter of being scared by his reaction, or if she just wanted to live a normal life.

"Yunho, do you remember when we had buried the Ouija board?"

Asked the woman while slowly walking towards the man and looking at him straight in the eyes. A low "what" escaped Hee-Young's lips as her stare placed on her date.