𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

"Hyung, do you believe what she said?"

Inquired the youngest, slowly stopping his run with one foot on the high step and the other on the lower. Hongjoong and Mingi halted, too, and looked at each other, thinking that maybe it was wrong to trust what a demon had just revealed to them. What if, instead of saving Areum, San, and Hee-Young's lives they were killing them?

Hongjoong bit his lower lip, Jongho's words were stabbing his mind and making him doubt the secret plan he had in his brain more than he expected. The more it seemed for them to be approaching the end of this story, the more doubts grew in their brain and the more the road to exile Seonghwa protracted. However, Hongjoong was confident for once, and the plan he had in store seemed to have a meaning with what the Succubus had told them. 

"I do."

He replied simply looking at Jongho with the corner of his eye and just above his shoulder. Despite believing in what the demon had confessed, even Mingi thought that answer was too raw and hasty since Hongjoong didn't give any explanation as to why he believed in her words. And, according to Jongho's perplexed expression, he felt the same way as the tallest male. However, their reactions were different: Mingi didn't say a word and lowered his head, understanding perfectly the situation, that it wasn't easy for Hongjoong, but anyone else in general, to come up with a plan when he didn't know what was occurring on the roof; Jongho, on the other hand, couldn't manage to restrain his frustration.

"That's all you're going to say? You're the expert here, now, we're putting our lives in your hand because that's all left for us to do. Judging by your answer, you don't have a plan."

Burst the younger male while nervousness and fatigue started to hover on him like a heavy, dark cloud. Moreover, the fact that Hongjoong was about to face a thousand years old demon without having any idea of what could happen to him and devoid of a plan, was enraging Jongho even more and the oldest's attitude was leaving him speechless. 

Hongjoong had no strengths left in his body to sustain a quarrel with a friend, nor he had a reason to insult him because Jongho was right: Hongjoong didn't actually have a plan, he couldn't in any case. 

"I don't know what is happening there, how can I have a plan?"

Replied calmly Hongjoong, his stare fixated in front of him, on the white door that lead to the roof. His eyes thinned when he noticed how the small, squared window on the door was reflecting the light and how the plexiglass surface seemed thicker on some spots. Jongho's reply was a distant sound, already, his voice was the background to Hongjoong's footsteps towards the exit. The shorter male examined the tiny window and noticed it was cracked and the edges way too sharp to be made of plastic.

A movement was what suggested to the male to focus his attention on what was occurring behind the door, rather than on the door. Mingi and Jongho when they realised their friend wasn't moving anymore, looked at each other for a brief second before reaching him and positioning by his sides, curious and at the same time frightened to see outside. Their blood froze when they comprehended the situation.