𝐈𝐈𝐈

Areum's back lifted from the mattress while a scream filled the silent room

Areum's back lifted from the mattress while a scream filled the silent room. Her hand immediately flew to her mouth to cover it, not wanting to wake San and Hee-Young up, but it was too late. Her husband jumped on the bed and fell on the floor with a loud, painful groan. The woman's body shook and her breath hitched in her throat as soon as she realised that she was finally back to reality.

Loud, heavy panting was now moving her body, her hand rested on her chest, attempting to calm herself down. Areum quickly and messily moved the blankets away from her bare legs and jumped down from the bed, but before she could stand up, a stabbing pain hit her on her private zones, under her still a swollen belly.

At the sound of her whimper, San's head appeared from behind the mattress, his eyes widened and bright like the ones of a deer in the headlights. He crawled back in the bed and reached his wife, kneeling in front of her. His eyes wandered all over her body, scanning every single centimetre of her skin looking for the source of her pain. The only thing he could find was her hand gently and carefully massaging the lower part of her womb.

"What's wrong, love?"

He asked before caressing her cheek with his thumb. Areum dried a lonely tear that had cut her skin and opened her eyes, immediately find the calm once San's beautiful and tired face entered her sight. After everything that happened to her and to him, since he was on the brink of death too, San was still there by her side, loving her each day more than the previous one.

"I-I had a nightmare."

She murmured before licking and biting her lower lip. San sighed, relieved that nothing serious happened to her. Though the man, fresh from a similar experience where his wife had dreamt of being killed by a demon, couldn't stop his brain from worrying. There was a chance, although tiny, that the nightmare wasn't a normal one.

However, he decided to not ask her anything else about it, not wanting her to stress herself over something that might have been irrelevant.

"It's okay, I'm here with you. It was just a nightmare, nothing to be worried about."

He claimed, wrapping his bulked arms around her waist and placing his chin on her shoulder, careful not to hold her too tight, scared to hurt her where she had her stitches.

Areum couldn't agree more: the shock of being haunted by a demonic entity and the fact of being on the brink of death wasn't easy to forget or simply get over. The memory of Seonghwa was vivid in her mind and that convinced her that the nightmare had no meaning.

The woman smiled with her lips pressed together and linked her arms behind San's nape, pulling him closer to leave a soft peck on his hair.

"Thank you, darling."

She whispered on his head. The man, before standing up, planted a kiss on her womb, right where her stitches were and lifted his head, showing his dimpled smile to his wife.