𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗

Warning! Mention of violence and blood.

The concrete was hard, coarse and cold when it hit Areum's cheek

The concrete was hard, coarse and cold when it hit Areum's cheek. The woman groaned as she heavily fell on the floor and hit her shoulder and hips, leaving small but burning scratches even on the palms of her hands that she used to soften the tumble. She moaned in pain and her sight became blurry, which worsened her visual exploration of her surroundings since it was already dark outside, and the only sources of light were coming from the moon and the neon sign on the roof of the hospital, that emanated a red light.

With exhausting hassle, Areum lifted her upper body, her elbows trembled under her weight. Finally, she managed to sit down on the dirty cement and focused her eyes on the dark figure not far away from where she was. It was a man and was stretched out on the floor, face down and lying on his left shoulder. The woman crawled towards the figure and delicately turned him on his back, to discover with horror, that the man was her husband, San. As much as she wished to scream, no sound exited from her mouth and her lungs seemed to have been filled with the dust of the ground when she collided with it.

"San, San!"

She grogged whereas agitating him from the shoulders. Areum in the first place was already aware that San wouldn't have woken up soon, his pale complexion and his immobility confirmed it.

"San! Please, wake up!"

Shouted the woman uselessly.

"He won't wake up."

Stated a voice behind Areum. A voice as familiar as dangerous that covered her spine with goosebumps and made her froze on her knees. The woman didn't dare to turn around and face Seonghwa, but she eventually had to if she desired to exile him. Slowly, she rotated her head and her eyes chained up with his.

The red light coming from the neon light was warming his right side, gifting him with a cartoon-like texture and, at the same time, the light accentuated his hard stare, his wrinkles were evident thanks to the shadows that added depth and apprehension as it made Seonghwa even more angry and fatal than he already was. Areum gulped loudly before that sight, she felt tiny in front of his feline and starving eyes and doomed.

Seonghwa elegantly stretched his arm to Areum to catch it, but she hesitated, maybe because the light was making him look even more deadly, or maybe because of his eyes that had lost its peculiar blue shade to leave room to an orange-ish hue with an elongated pupil like the ones that belonged to snakes. The demon, once it realised that Areum would've never grasped its hand, caught her arm and made her stand up, immediately glueing their bodies together as if he had missed feeling her curves against his.

"Are you hurt, kitten?"

He asked worried, cupping her cheeks with his big, warm hands and analysed her features with a weird glimmer in his eyes as if he was hungry. His thumb involuntarily brushed on the spot where Areum landed on the ground and she flinched, closing the eye next to the injury. With human delicacy, Seonghwa tilted her head to examine the scratch and carefully caressed it, disheartened by the fact that he couldn't do anything: his powers weren't made to do good.