𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

Seonghwa scoffed and rolled his eyes to the sky, amused by Hee-Young's attempt to look bold at his eyes, without succeeding in his opinion

Seonghwa scoffed and rolled his eyes to the sky, amused by Hee-Young's attempt to look bold at his eyes, without succeeding in his opinion. He wanted to get closer to her but, at the same time, he didn't want to leave Areum's side as he didn't fully trust that girl and his prey. With the corner of his right eye, he spotted the woman with both of her arms on the side of her waist, which meant that she had managed to extract her arm before he could block it inside. Seonghwa hid his disappointment perfectly, he didn't want to show any emotion to Hee-Young since she could've used them against him.

"I feel sad to know that you can't even distinguish when someone is bluffing or telling the truth. Did you really think I was interested in them? They were such easy victims, I would've had no fun in haunting them. Moreover, Jieun is taking good care of them."

He said before smirking evilly. Areum shivered when suddenly the terrifying images of what was happening in unh's room surfaced in her mind, bringing with it a sense of lethargy too. Silently, she was pleading Hee-Young could teach him a lesson. Hee-Young tilted her head to the left and thinned her eyes, analysing the demon's movements and reading between the lines since she knew that he was used to talking by riddles.

"Then, why should I believe what you just said? How do we know you're not bluffing?"

All of them knew that the conversation wasn't going anywhere, probably both of them were trying to gain some time for their plans if they had one in mind. Nevertheless, the tension kept growing and Areum was starting to feel suffocating and her stomach clenching repeatedly wasn't helping her situation at all. With her eyes, the woman sifted through her surroundings, hoping to find something that could help her shake things up and put an end to that useless conversation. 

Her gaze laid on the door behind Seonghwa, where an object was shining under the artificial light of the neon sign, calling her like a magpie. She thinned her eyes, focusing her sight on its edges to discover them irregular and sharp and that helped her to remember the silver of glass that Hee-Young had thrown at the demon, which apparently ended poked in the plexiglass window of the door. Better than nothing, her only aim was to distract Seonghwa so that Hee-Young could attack him, in the end.  

So, without him noticing, she began to tiptoe towards the door, making as little sound as possible and using her bare feet to move gracefully and silently, also holding her breath and stabilising her heartbeat, since she knew the demon could perceive it. As background, there were Hee-Young and Seonghwa bickering, sarcasm dripping from their every word. The light reflecting through the transparent material illuminated her right eye and the woman checked Seonghwa one last time before stretching her hand and wrap her fingers around the glass, flinching when she tightened the grip a bit too much and sensed the uneven borders piercing her skin. 

Slowly, she removed the splinter from the door and gripped it with both of her hands, one on the other to stop the trembling motion that could make her miss his vital spot or, at least, what she thought it was. Hee-Young was observing Areum's steps from the opposite side of the roof, in her eyes a glimmer of optimism.