𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

Trigger warning! Mention of violence and blood

His grip on her ankle tightened, just like his stare harshened and his teeth gritted to the point where Hee-Young could hear them loudly brushing one against the other, a shivering sensation. Soon, the girl found herself dangling upside down, the tip of her hair being dragged on the dirty floor as she could feel the blood quickly flowing to her brain. She moaned uncomfortably and attempted to stretch her arms to reach the ground, but only her nails managed to barely scratch it. 

"How dare you raising your hands against me? You have no idea of who I am."

He spat angrily before flinging the poor girl all the way to the opposite side of the building, landing shortly after with a deaf thud on her shoulder, but the crack she heard was far from being silent. She shouted through her teeth whereas her other hand went to hold her shoulder, rolling on her back to avoid adding more and more pressure on her broken bone. Hee-Young, then, rotated once again on her healthy shoulder and succeeded in reaching a standing position, despite wobbling a little. In the meantime, the demon was slowly stepping towards her with the usual elegance that inscribed him. 

"It's incredible how you resembled your fake father: your stubbornness, you could've only learnt it from that Choi San man. I've spent enough time to be able to recognise that attitude from far away and with my eyes closed."

Hee-Young carefully lifted her eyes to meet his, to find him a few centimetres away from her, eyeing the girl in a superior way.

"W-What do you mean with it? What do you mean with that last sentence?"

It took a few seconds for Seonghwa to understand that she asked for clarification about the second part of his speech, and when he realised it, he scoffed and rolled his eyes before placing his eyes back on the limping girl. That was exactly what he meant when he claimed Hee-Young looked like San a lot, especially in her flaws. However, after that request of hers, he felt being mocked, which he couldn't tolerate. 

"What? Now you want to listen to what I have to say?"

He asked rhetorically, tilting his head a little to the left as he observed Hee-Young struggling to stand up properly. A short, mocking laugh exited his lips, seconds before his hand collided with her cheek and hit it with a clack that almost made the girl go deaf. Her knees ceded under the strong slap received from Seonghwa, this time, she didn't even try to stand back up again. 

Hee-Young was exhausted, both physically and mentally. The long climb on the whole building had destroyed the palms of her hands, her elbows, knees and feet, her arms never stopped trembling for the huge amount of work implied to climb up an entire building, every breath she took was like swallowing fire, her visage dirty and scratched for all the times she had been hurled on the ground. And since that wasn't enough, now she even had her shoulder fractured. Moreover, she hadn't been able to sleep for a couple of days, the fear and the foreboding of something terrible about to happen wouldn't let her close her eyes.