𝐗𝐗𝐈

The whole room froze, the tension rose to the point where it could be cut with a knife

The whole room froze, the tension rose to the point where it could be cut with a knife. All the confidence Hee-Young had gained in the last few minutes, completely disappeared once she met San's gaze, the one who was going to be the most hurt out of the whole group, although being the only one who treated the girl like a normal human being. Hee-Young gulped and lowered her hand to the bracelet she was wearing on her wrist, nervously fidgeting with it to alleviate, even if just a little, the stress running through her veins. 

"I-I think you already know about me..."

She whispered. Everyone around her was waiting for her secret to be revealed, however, they didn't seem to be impatient or frightened by it as if they already knew everything. Time was running out and, moreover, they asked for her to tell them her secret, so she spat the words quicker than she expected. 

"I'm a Cambion, a creature born from a human being and an Incubus or Succubus. I'm half-human and half-demon, I have superpowers, though I'm not strong enough to compete with my father, my demon father, I mean. I don't have the ability to shapeshift, nor I can travel from the human world to Hell freely, because I'm not a pureblood demon. Basically, I can sum my existence up by saying that I'm not enough human to be considered as such, but I'm not enough demon to be considered one of them. I don't belong to any of these worlds."

Hee-Young confessed, adding more personal feelings and thoughts than she wished. It was the truth, the pure honesty: ever since she was born, the girl attempted in many different ways to fit inside one of the two worlds that characterised her, repeatedly failing because she wasn't enough in any case. And, of course, without taking into consideration the fact that she was a disgrace from the moment she exited her mother's womb, or, at least, that was what she had always read on Areum's expression whenever she looked at the girl.

No matter how hard she tried not to think about herself, there was one thing that she couldn't ignore, one thing she couldn't get rid of apart from her blood: her eyes. That blue shade reminded her of the coldness her father had treated her with and the fact that they were natural, but that they descended from a demon.  

The tension grew again. Sighs could be heard, as well as loud gulping sounds and throats getting cleared by the nervousness. Hee-Young was on the verge of crying for the second time that day when a deep growl came from someone on the other side of the bed. Nine pair of eyes moved towards the same direction, shocked to hear such noise from her. From Areum. 

The woman had lowered her head, her face partially shielded by her dark hair that worked like a curtain, at that moment, her shoulders were trembling and the fingers were digging in the palm of her hand for how tight she was squeezing them. She was breathing hard and Wooyoung swore he could spot smoke coming out of her nostrils, like an incensed beast. No one in the room could link that reaction coming from her to something specifically pronounced by her daughter, especially considering the fact that Hee-Young had never mentioned Areum in her speech.