𝐕𝐈

"This is not what it looks like, San

"This is not what it looks like, San."

Areum had repeated countless times with tears streaming down her face. The man had to sit down on one of the kitchen stools to avoid fainting in front of who he thought was his daughter. He still couldn't believe that it was all a lie: their wedding, their daughter, their relationship. Their love. Was it really all fake? No real feeling got involved in all those years of relationship?

Somewhere inside San was twitching, aching for the will to be listened to and he soon found out that the voice that was poking in his eardrums came from his brain that was screaming a sentence he hoped he would've never been able to hear. Words that soon reached his heart, stabbing it and making it bleed.

Those words were: "I told you."

Ever since Seonghwa had been banished, but even before that, when Areum finally confessed her feelings, San wasn't sure if she actually felt what she had claimed. The man always felt not enough for her, not up to someone like his wife.

Or, maybe, not enough to make her get over that demon that almost killed her, but whom she had something more than just sex going on.

What could he expect? That she could fall in love with a mere human like San, after she got used to a demon that could give her whatever she wanted, whenever and wherever she wanted? It was clear that he just got misled by her, fallen in her trap with both of his feet, or, you would say, with his heart.

"Then, tell me, Areum. What does this look like to you?"

San asked thinning his eyes and pointing his finger towards Hee-Young sat on the floor and lost playing with her stuffed animal.

The woman in front of him inhaled a sharp breath as her fingers dipped in the palm of her hands, transforming the matters into fists of pure bother and anger. She had no reason to be mad at San, but his behaviour wasn't helping her, at the moment.

"Don't talk about her as if she's some kind of object."

She spat with sharp words and gritted teeth. Her hardened stare made San realize that he had gone a little too far with his accuses. He cursed himself under his breath, regretting his reaction. No matter if his suspicions were true or not, he had no right to treat Hee-Young like that.

San ran a hand through his long, thick, chocolate hair, gently pulling the tips frustratedly. He took a deep breath, swallowing his pain to prevent himself from start crying on the spot.

"I need some fresh air."

He claimed jumping down the stool to reach the door. He was confused, unsure about who believe: his mind, that was telling him to put an end to their relationship since she had betrayed him, or his heart, that was suggesting him to stay by her side and believe her words.

Before San could leave the kitchen, Areum managed to grab the sleeve of his jacket, stopping his steps right on the threshold.

"She is your daughter, San. Believe me."