𝐗𝐗

Hee-Young slid the door to Yunho's room open and carefully stepped inside, the linoleum squeaked under her chunky, black boots

Hee-Young slid the door to Yunho's room open and carefully stepped inside, the linoleum squeaked under her chunky, black boots. She was holding a vase with a beautiful and healthy purple hyacinth as a gift for Yunho. A flower that hid a secret meaning behind his colourful petals and solid structure.

Walking on tip-toes, for what was possible for her considering that the soles of her boots were thick and, for that, hard to bend, she reached her boyfriend's bed and threw a quick glance on his peaceful sleepy expression, before placing the vase on the precarious, white bedside table. She, then, sat on the grey chair and checked his arms pierced with needles. According to what Doctor Yoo had told her and Jongho, Yunho should've been discharged that day, however, judging by his pale complexion, Hee-Young wasn't sure that would've happened.

It hurt her to see him suffering in the most terrible way: slowly and painfully, that type of sorrow that you could define as such only when it was too late. Watching him, on that hospital bed, with tiny tubes hanging here and there was what her father, Seonghwa, wanted to see for a long time: it meant that her mission was proceeding in the right direction. However, it wasn't enough, for him.

Yunho seemed to be the worst prey he had ever seen: he was strong-willed and benefited from good health and, for that, he was harder to weaken, since not even Areum's and Kang Yeosang's suggestions to leave Hee-Young alone appeared to be working, which it wasn't a negative aspect for Seonghwa.

Hee-Young sighed and intertwined her fingers with his, brushing the skin of the back of his hand lightly with her thumb. The girl was torn, what could she do? Follow her father's orders and kill Yunho or follow her heart and disobey her father? If she had chosen the second option, she could bet her life wouldn't last long: among humans, she was certainly stronger than them, thanks to her superpowers, however, her father was inevitably more powerful than her because he was a pureblood, thousand-year-old demon that could squash her between his fingers with minimum effort.

"What should I do?"

She murmured between herself with a pout on her lips. As she was diving back into her river of thoughts, a faint groan came from the man on the bed, who squeezed Hee-Young's hand tighter, making the girl jolt and her expression lighten up.

"How am I supposed to know?"

Yunho asked ironically, making fun of his girlfriend with a smirk on his heart-shaped lips and slowly fluttering his eyes open. Hee-Young chuckled, wondering how could he manage to be fun even when he was in the hospital. Not that his conditions were serious, even if during those two days his body had just weakened a little, but not a lot of people would've been in the mood for jokes in a place like that. Hee-Young was the first one, especially since she knew what was happening to him.

"How are you today?"

Inquired the girl, analysing his face with eyes full of adoration and worry. Yunho's weariness was a status that Hee-Young couldn't ignore and, apparently, was a condition that wouldn't fade away with sleep only. Moreover, she was fully aware that, in order to properly heal, Yunho needed to be the farthest away from Hee-Young. After a brief cough, the male replied.