chapter 32

It was 6:15am, Somadina and her friend Vera were still relaxing on the bed.  They had finished their morning prayers but decided to go back to bed till 6:30am.  Their back had hardly touched the bed when Vera's phone started ringing.  She wanted to ignore it but when she saw the caller, she changed her mind.  But before receiving the call she looked at Somadina who signalled to her to answer the call.

"Hello - - -

"Babe, did I wake you?"  Yemi asked.

"No.  We've been up since 5:15am for our morning devotion and we've just finish praying."  She answered happily.

"That's good to hear.  When are you coming over today?"  He asked.

"I won't be able to come today.  Somadina and I will be going to market for shopping.  Her wedding is - - - never mind.  I think she should be the one to tell you."  Vera said.

"Somadina is getting married?  Babe, I need to see you.  We need to plan our wedding too.  I told you I don't want us to prolong this."  Yemi said.

"Don't worry I will see you after the shopping."  Vera promised.

"Okay, love you."  Yemi said before disconnecting the call.  Vera was not sure if  Yemi was saying the truth or doing that to make her friend, Somadina jealous.  But inasmuch as she love him so much she would never say that before her friend, Somadina.   She put the phone beside her on the bed and turned to her friend who was lying down beside her face up, eyes closed.

"Still sleeping?"  Vera asked.

"No, just resting.  Who was that?"  She asked.

"Yemi.  He was asking me what time I would come over to his house and I told him when we finish shopping.  He wanted us to discuss our wedding date."  She concluded.

"You will go and see him.  Pick a date for this year.  Delay might be dangerous, you know."   Somadina said seriously because of her experience with him.  She scurry off from the bed and went straight to the rest room.  Vera got up from the bed, arranged the bedsheet as usual before heading to the kitchen.

It was 8am when they got to the office.  Somadina drove to her packing space in the premises and packed her car.  Vera opened the door and came out as one of the girls in the office took her bag and Somadina's.  She waited for Somadina to come out before they both walked to the office. 

Somadina went straight to her office as the girl, Caro followed her with her bag.  And Vera having collected her bag from Caro went to her own office.
Caro was her new secretary.  She was a teenager who has just finish her secondary education.  She has written her WAEC and came out in flying colours.  But because her parents was not wealthy enough to send her to university one of Somadina's friend recommended her when Somadina told her she was looking for a secretary. 

Somadina needed two women that sweep and clean the premises.  And another woman that clean the offices but she needed a young girl who would help her clean her office and run errands for her.  Caro has been doing her work perfectly.  She was only 19years but hard working.

Somadina entered her office and was happy she employed Caro.  Everywhere was neat.   There's nothing in her table except her laptop.  All the receipts for the two days she had not been in the office was nearly tucked inside one of the drawers.  And the whole place was scenting nice.  She went straight to the toilet and found everywhere sparkling.

"Nice job."  Somadina commented.

"Thank you ma."  Caro said happily.

"I'm sure you will continue like this."  Somadina asked.