chapter 27

Rosanna was in her room relaxing when her room door was pushed open and her senior sister walked in. She greeted her and asked her to sit down. She sat down on the only chair in her room. Rosanna got up from the bed and was on a sitting position. She had wanted to talk to her senior sister for so long but she never give her the chance and since she was right there before her, she didn't want to miss the opportunity.

"Sister - - - she started but she cut her shot.

"I'm here because I wanted to talk to you."

"Listen, you have to wake up before it's too late." She continued. "Take these children to their mother."

"Why? I told you confidently why I love to be with these children. So, why are you telling me to take them back to their mother?"

" I remembered you told me but I won't allow you to make a mistake you would regret afterward."

"Sister, these children are the reason am becoming stronger everyday. Can't you see? I can walk round the house even enter the kitchen to cook. Something I have never done for years."

"You've not done all these for years because you didn't want to. You have me by your side. Even when I'm not there the two maids your husband hired for you were always there to obey your orders. Tell me, why would you walk round the house or cook, anyway? When we're doing everything for you."

"Please, stop this madness and leave me alone. If you want my happiness, stop causing problems for me."

"I'm only trying to help - - - -

"Stop helping me! I really do not need your help,"

"You're slaving for those quintuplets and they're not yours!"

"They're Chief's so, they're also mine." She said angrily.

"Says who? Incase you've forgotten, you're a barren woman." The word hit Rosanna on her head. She couldn't believe what she just heard. Her own senior sister called her barren. Reminding her what she has been trying so hard to forget. It wasn't her fault that she was barren. She had wanted to give birth to children like every other woman but luck ran out on her no matter what she did or try. Now, for all she knew, she has passed the age of giving birth to children. She has been using all her earnings on her sister and her children. And now she called her the name she dreaded so much to hear.

"You called me barren?" She asked painfully.  Her sister laughed irritatingly. Meanwhile, Chief was home and was standing in front of her room about to open the door when he heard her sister's irritating laughter. And the next thing he heard was

"Barren! That's what you're." Chief pushed the door open.

"Dorothy! How dear you! Cheif screamed on her.

"Ehen, I was only telling your wife the truth and you know that. Though, they said truth is bitter but I have to let her know the truth."

"Get out of this room before I do something I will regret. Out!" He yelled and the woman stormed out of the room angrily. Chief sat on the bed by her wife's side. He pulled her to himself. Rosanna resting on his shoulder as he stroke her hair lovely.

"We are not barren you know that. We have children now. Even the children and their mum calls you mum." She use the back of her hand and wipe away her tears.

"Please darling, don't do this to yourself."

"She doesn't want the children here." She cried.

"She has no right to decide on whether the children would be here or not. You want the kids here?" She nodded her head.