chaptet 4

Somadina got to tbe diagnostic centre very early.  She thought she would be the first or probabbly the second person to see the doctor in charge as she pulled her car to a halt.  Her G - wagon was the latest in town, 2016 model. 

It was a birthday present from her boyfriend and the father of her unborn baby.  Yemi had made sure he provided her with everything she would need to make her comfortable the first day she moved into his appartment.  He changed her wardrobe, bought her expensive shoes and stocked her bank account with some cool cash.  But the car was given to her on her birthday.  In the morning of that same day, Yemi was the first to wish her happy birthday.  He woke her up that morning with a passionate kiss.

"My Yummy, goodmorning".  She muttered caressing his face lovely.

"Happy birthday my angel."  He said kissing her all over.

"You remember?"  She asked happily.

"How can I forget that this date 24 years ago, an angel like you was born huh?  Come, I want to show you something outside."  He said cheerfully.

"What, my Yummy?"  She asked clinging to him.

"A suprise to you.  But, I have to close your eyes."  He said as he helped her down from the bed.  Yemi closed her eyes with both hands leading her outside. 

"Are you ready for the suprise?" He asked as they came outside. slowly, he removed his hands from her face.  "You can open your eyes now."  He said dangling a car key in her front.  She was short of words, suprises written all over her as Yemi pointed towards the car with the other hand.  She was mad with  joy when she saw the car packed outside.

"Fo - - - -for me?" She stammered.  Yemi nodded his yes as she jumped on him not minding she was pregnant.  Yemi was strong enough to catch her and held her so tight to himself.  She planted a kissed  on him, took the car key from him and made to the car, enter the car and drove outside the gate.  Yemi pursued after her shouting her name until she stopped the car. 

"What are you doing?  You want to kill yourself?"  He asked furiousely fear written all over him.

"Why do you look so frightened?  I learnt how to drive since I was sixteen.  Come on hop in let me take you around."  She said cheerfully.  Yemi commented that she was a good driver as she drive down the street.

Yemi came back from the office 5pm on the dot the next day. He opened the room door and saw Somadina sleeping like a baby. Quietly, he left the room to prepare the vegetable he bought on his way home.

Somadina woke up some munite later, the aroma of the food Yemi was cooking filled the room. She wondered from where the aroma was coming from as she came down from the bed and headed towards the sitting room. Suddenly, she heard some noise coming through the kitchen she was so afraid. She didn't know wether to go back to the room or escape through the main door and alert the neighbours. Confused, she stood trasfixed in one sport. Looking at the entrance door, it was far from her and the room was also very far from where she was standing. She thought of escaping through the entrance door. "No!" that might joepadize her life, with her condition, she won't be able to run fast. Escaping through the room would be better. If she could manage to get inside the room, she would lock the door until Yemi return. She knew for sure that Yemi won't be outside till 6pm. She made a u-turn as she tip-toes into the room. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder and she screamed.

"What is it? Yemi asked holding her very close to himself. "It's me, baby."

"Are you-- - -pointing to the kitchen.

"Yes, baby, it's me. I came back ealier and saw you in the room sleeping like a baby. I knew you must be tired and I didn't want to disturb you so l left to the kitchen to prepare dinner for us." He explained.