Chapter 17

Somadina got home very late. The children has gone to bed. Even her house help has gone too . But chief Cliford was in her sitting room waiting for her to come back. He was listening to 10 o'clock news when he heard a knock on the door. Quickly he opened the door and standing before him was the only woman who had made his sun to suddenly rise.  The only woman who has added a lot of value to his life.  The woman who has suddenly removed mockery from  him.  He can now proudly stand before his Kin's men and talk when others are talking.  Because of his childlessness he was always asked to sit down whenever he wanted to contribute on the matter concerning the development of the Kin's men.  They always taunt him with  words like.

"Hey!  My friend sit down!  Men like you are not allowed to speak while the real men are here.  Or

"Madam, please sir down!  Men are still here to talk.

These are some of the annoying words being used for him whenever he attend the kin's men meeting irrespective of his wealth.  And such words has always been too hurt for him.  Chief has done a lot to his community yet no respect is accorded to him by his kinsmen  in the city who has nothing to show for being in the city over the years.  Some of them even started living in the city before him.

"Good evening Chief. I'm sorry i came in late." She apologized.

"You don't have to be sorry. Thank God you got home safely." Chief said.

"Where are the kids?" She asked.

"Sleeping. Come on, let's go to the dinning I'm starving.

"Me too." The food was delicious. It was fried rice and chicken. Her favorite food. She also noticed that Chief was enjoying his meal.

"Delicious!" She said.

"You like it? I ordered it from Spicy restaurant." He said.

"Why? Felicia can cook very well.

"She said there's nothing to cook so I ordered this for everybody." He said defensively. It was then she remembered she was supposed to get some food items from the market but she forgot. Soon they finished eating and she cleared the dinning. Cheif was in the sitting room when she came back.

"Chief, I lied to you when I told you I was going for a family meeting. I actually went to see my children biological dad.

"But, why? Are you planning to go back to him?" He asked .

"God forbid! I'm afraid Yemi would come back to fight you if I refuse to go back to him. So I'm trying to block every loop through which he would come back to us.

"How?" Chief asked. Somadina opened her hand bag and show chief the hair she cut from Yemi and why she went for it.

"But that is risky. What will happen if he woke up and found out you've gone and part of his hair is gone too." He asked fearfully.

"Chief, trust me on this. I cut the hair in strands round his hair. He will never find out. Besides, I already told him the quintuplets belongs to someone else. You will use this for DNA test in case he disturb us." She said.

" I understand you but what is the need for all these?" He asked.

"I want you to be my children's biological father. We're going to tell people that we had an affair which resulted in these. And the reason I hid the truth was because you force yourself on me.

"That's rape,!

"Do you prefer to let the world know you adopted the quintuplets?

"Not at all. Let's think of something else . We can tell the world that your love for your fiancee was your reason for hiding from me for so long.