Chapter 7

Time has been running fast.  The quintuplet has grown and they would be five years in two weeks time.

Somadina had made sure she celebrated their birthday every year.  And as their fifth year birthday was approaching, she was also ready to celebrate it big.  Nobody ever remembered Yemi in the house even the children has never asked of their father.

Somadina was also still bubbling well in her business and hardly had time for anything else except her children.  She loved her children so much and was ready to do anything for their sake.

The children had told her the previour night that there would be parents, teachers association and she must attaind.  That day she left the market earily to join the other parents in school.  When they got to the school, she asked her driver to look for her children and take them home while she joined the other parents and the teachers for the meeting.  She instructed the driver to bring back the vehicle to the school which he did after dropping the kids at home.

Chisom refused to eat any food when they got home.  She went straight to their room and lay on bed.  The maids tried to find out why she was unhappy but she refused to talk to anyone.

It was after they finished eating that chiamaka the second child went to meet her.

"Chisom are you akay?  She asked tenderly.

"Amaka- - - -she started crying. 

"Don't cry.  Tell me what is the problem."  She said wiping her tears away.

"Joy said we don't have daddy.  Tell me is it true we don't have daddy.  She asked looking straight into her eyes.

"That is not true.  Teacher Faith told us that every child in this world have daddy and mummy incluiding our parents."  She told her confidently.

"Thats true."  Chidiogo said and their two brothers, Chibuike and Chibueze supported her.

"But why is our daddy not here with us?"  Chisom asked.

"We should find out from mummy when she come back.  But now you have to eat your food."  Chibueze said.

"Or you will go sick."  Chibuike chipped in.

"I will eat on one condition.  We will all make mummy tell us where our daddy is and why she is not in this house with us. Agreed?  They all agreed before she came down from the bed changed her uniform and they all went to the sittingroom. 

Somadina after she closed from the meeting decided to see one of her customer.  The woman had called her while they were still in the meeting.  This was one of her trusted customer.  Maybe she was short of her stock and she wanted to replenish it.  She drove down the twon to the woman's shop.  Luckily for her she was still in the store.  Immediately she saw her she started laughing.

"Madam baby boom, is this your eyes?"  The customer asked laughing.

"This is my eyes my friend.  How is your family?"  She asked.

"I know this is the only way i can see you.  She said.

"Don't tell me you call me out here to see me.  And now that i am here bring out every goodies you have for me."  Somadina said jokingly.  For more than 20mins these two women were engaged in discussion.  They discussed about business to the present condition of the country then the family and finally they came back to the life of women in general.

Somadina couldn't remember the year she had sat down with anybody for such a long period of time just to discuss about matters that does not really concered her.  Well, she really enjoyed the time they spent together and when she was about to leave the woman bought eight cartons of baby boom and paid cash.