chapter 36

Somadina got home 6:48pm.  She parked at the front of the gate and horned immediately the gate slide open and she drove in.  She drove straight to the garage and parked Chief's car.  She came out of the car and locked the doors before going in.  As always the door was locked but since she knew the code to the door she typed it as the door opened.

The living room was empty.  She noticed everywhere radiating with light.  It was Christmas light or do I say disco light.  At the extreme end of the living room was a family tree with red, white and yellow fruits on it.  The light inside was off and on.  It looks so beautiful.  As she was climbing upstairs, she heard her children voice from the kitchen.  "What are these children doing in the kitchen."  She wondered as she retrace her step back and went inside the kitchen.  Rosanna and the children were baking chin chin. 

"Wow!"  The children heard her voice and ran to meet her.  They welcomed her before going back to watch Rosanna remove the pan from the oven.  Somadina greeted Rosanna who was busy with her cooking.

"You're back, my dear?  How was the shopping."  Rosanna asked.

"It was fine."  She lied.

"Mummy, you missed.  Big mummy took us out and bought so many things for us including shoes and clothes."  Chisom said excitedly.

"She also bought Christmas tree and she removed the old one.  Did you see it mummy."  Chidiogo asked.

"I saw it. it's beautiful."  Somadina told her.

"We made ice cream and baked chin chin."  Chiamaka said.  Rosanna admired them as they relate to their mum. 

"Why not taste the chin chin." Rosanna said.

"Sure."  She took some chi chi and threw them in her mouth.  "Whao!  This is yummy!"  She said excitedly.

"You like it?"  Mummy Rosanna asked.

"I love it."  She picked a plate from dish drainer and gave it to Rosanna.  "Mum please, give me some.  I honestly cannot leave here without taking some."

"If you really like it this much why not help yourself?"  Rosanna said to her.

"Really."  She quickly pack some inside the plate before going upstairs.  Rosanna was happy for the type of woman God gave to her and Chief.  She prayed within her heart that Somadina will always be happy.  And for the quintuplets she would do anything in her power to keep them happy.  She serve some chin chin in a plate and gave to Chiamaka.  She greeted and left with it while Chisom and Chidiogo followed behind.

Dinner was sandwich.  Rosanna made it.  The three women was already seated on the dinning table before Chief came.  He took his chair,  her sister was sitting directly opposite him while the two wives were sitting by his two side.  Rosanna at the right hand side and Somadina at the left hand side.  Somadina serve the food to everyone on the table before she finally serve hers.  The dinner was ate in silent.  After the dinner Somadina helped the maid to clear the table and took the dishes to the kitchen before joining them in the living room.

Chief, her sister and Rosanna were listening to CNN news.  She sat close to Rosanna until after the new and she whispered something to her ears and they both left the living room.

"My brother, you're so lucky to have these two women by your side.  With the type of understanding they have you will never have problem living together with them."  She said.

"I thank God."  He said before going to his room.  His sister followed suit.  Somadina after she has finished helping out with Rosanna's medication went upstairs.  She didn't like the idea of sharing Chief's bedroom so she decided that she was going to sleep in her daughter's room.  But unfortunately when she got upstairs, she saw Chief relaxing on one of cushion in the sitting room.