chapter 31

Somadina was so tired when she got home that day after seeing her uncle.  Her uncle was so happy that she would be getting married after being a single parent for six years. 

She drove to the parking lot and parked her car before alighting from the vehicle.   Since she had been away since the previous day, she didn't know wether her friend Vera and her roommate was at home.  They haven't spoken to each other since the previous night.  She came down from the car and noticed that there was reflection of light from her sitting room and from her room.  Which means someone was inside.

The entrance door was locked so she used her key to open the door.  She went in and locked the door immediately.  It was then Vera came out from the kitchen to meet her.  They exchanged greetings but then Somadina noticed that her friend does not look her usual self. 

"You don't look happy, tell me, what's bothering your mind?"  She said nothing as she turned back to the kitchen.  Somadina following behind. 

"I tried calling you last night but the network was so bad and I'm sorry for not calling you at all today."  Somadina apologize but Vera said nothing as tears streamed down her face.

"Come on girlfriend, what's the matter."  Somadina asked so confused. 

"He - - - he - - -

"Is it James again?"  She shook her head.  Somadina urged her to tell her what has happened.  She wiped her tears and told her friend everything that has happened and asked her sincerely to forgive her since all that happened was through the influence of alcohol and promised never to go near Yemi again but Somadina told her she has no problem at all.  She told her friend everything that has happened in Chief's resident, the hot and unforgettable kiss and finally Chief's proposal to her. 

"Finally, he proposed and this ring - - - wow!  This must have cost a fortune."

"I don't care about the cost of the ring.  The main thing is that I'm going to get married to the father of my kids.  Girlfriend, I'm so happy.

"I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you.  The wedding is going to be in a week time."  She said excitedly.

"This calls for a celebration."  She opened the fridge and brought out a fruit wine and two glasses.  She set the wine and the glasses on the table.  Vera quickly went for wine opener.  She searched the whole kitchen before she finally found it on one of the kitchen rack.  She shook the drink before opening it and that made almost half of the wine in that bottle to split and the cover came out with a heavy noise.  They both shouted excitedly.  Vera filled her friend's glass before filling hers.  They did a toast - - - - "for our happiness." 

"Good wine."  Vera commented.

"Yeah, one of my customer gave it to me when you travel.  And I told myself I'm not gonna take it until you come back."  Somadina said.

"That's very thoughtful of you."  Vera said.

"Yemi has always been your prince charming.  Now that he has proposed make sure you get married as soon as possible."  Somadina advised.

"You mean before anyone finds out about the pregnancy?"

"Exactly."

"Thank you Madi, you're indeed my best friend."  Vera said.

"You don't have to thank me.  Come on, come here.  You will do more than this for me if I'm in your shoes, right?"  They both laughed happily as she hugged her.

They ate dinner afterwards.  It was vegetable and yam.  Somadina enjoyed her dinner so did her friend.  Vera was also a very good cook just as her friend, Somadina.  It was after dinner they both left to their room.