chapter 26

It was a bright Sunday morning, Somadina after her morning devotion enter the bathroom to shower. After her normal bathroom routine she took a cool bath taking her time since there's no child to disturb her for anything. She came out of the bathroom so refreshed but very tired.

That was the first Sunday she would be attending church all alone. Even her friend, Vera had travelled to her formal place of residence. She had gone to officially tender her resignation letter to the company she had been working with.

Somadina was too lazy to do anything for herself. She slept without food the previous night because she got herself so exhausted with work in the office and was so tired when she got back home even to prepare food for herself. With towel round her beautiful body she went to the kitchen to fix something for herself. She made herself a cup of tea and since there's nothing to drink the tea with, she drank only the tea and was strong enough to get herself ready for the church.

It was 10:30am before the service came to an end. She left the church heading home since she has nowhere in mind to go. On getting home everywhere was as quiet as a graveyard. She parked her vehicle in the parking lot. She came down and headed to the house. She fumbled her hang bag searching for the house key but she couldn't lay hand on it. She discharged everything in her bag but the key was not there. Suddenly she remembered she put the key on the dashboard. She quickly gathered everything she removed from her bag back to the bag before she went back to the car to get the house key. She opened the door and headed straight to the room.

She changed into her house wear something light and sleeveless. It fitted her so perfectly and brought out her slender shape. She was about to leave the room to the kitchen, she was starving she had to prepare food for herself. Just then, she heard her front door open. A kind of fear creeped into her since she was not expecting anyone. She tiptoed out of her room and went to hid herself behind the door leading to the sitting room. She peeped through the opening and saw a man standing at the centre of the sitting room. "Who could this be?" She asked herself sore afraid. Not knowing what to do she hid herself there watching his every move until the stranger turned to face her direction. "Remi!" She wispered to herself. "What is he doing here?' She asked herself so confused. Boldly she came out of her hidden place to face him.

"What for cry out loud are you doing in my house?" She asked angrily. Yemi was just smiling.

"If you are here to see Vera, she's not here so you can leave." She yelled at him.

"This is a very wrong way to welcome an old friend, you know that." Yemi said still smiling.

"Our friendship ended six years ago. So you have no right to bump into my house without an invitation."

"I am so sorry but I desperately want to talk to you." He said

"But I don't want to talk to you."

"Please, baby, please just hear me out." He pleaded his two knees on the floor.

"Okay, you speak. But be sure you make it snappy because I'm very busy inside."

"Can we go back to the way we use to be, please?"

"No, we can't."

"Remember how we use to - - - -

"Yemi, please - - - -

He got up walking towards her. He was an inch close to her when she stopped him.

"Don't dare come any closer. I'm warning you."

"But, you can't just throw me out of your life like that. I love you and cannot live my life without you, my love."

"I don't love you. I don't even have any feelings for you." Somadina said.