chapter 35

It was the ray of sun penetrating inside the room through the window that woke Somadina up that morning.  She quickly took her phone to check the time.  It was 6:30am.  She couldn't believe it because the sun was so sharp making it look as if the time has gone far.  She lay back on the bed as she muttered some prayers thanking God for His protection upon her life and her entire families.  She finished prayer and was about to climb out of the bed when Chief held her back.

"Good morning Chief."  She greeted.

"How was your night, did you sleep well?"  He asked still holding her to himself.

"I did."  She said earnestly.

"And where are you hurrying to this early."  He asked further.

"Today is 24th of December and my friend is getting married in two days time.  I have to go take care of certain things in the house so that I will leave the house early to go help her out."  She explained.

"The maids are there to take care of things in the house so relax with me."  He said.  Knowing that Chief has planned to keep her in his room, she device another means of leaving.

"Can I go ease myself at least?"  He released her and she entered the bathroom stayed there for some seconds and came out.  Chief's eyes was closed.  She tiptoed to the door and typing the code, the door was thrown opened.   Immediately, Chief opened his eyes.  He couldn't say a word as he stared at her.

"So sorry darling.  I got to go, see you when the breakfast is ready." She smirked.

"But .... "  Too late because the door was closed against him. 

Rosanna was up and was tidying up her room when Somadina knocked on her door and was asked to enter. 

"Oh my daughter, how are you this morning?"  She asked cheerfully.

"I am fine ma.  And how are you doing?  Hope you slept well?"  Somadina asked.

"Yes, I did.  Sit down."  She showed her to a seat and Somadina sat down. 

"Mum, what are we going to have for breakfast?"  She asked.

"Is that why you're up this early?"  Rosanna asked.  "Don't worry the cook will take care of that.  Just go and keep him company.  The cook will come for you once the breakfast is ready.

"But ......

"Please go, my dear."  She was about to leave the room when the quintuplets pushed the door open and ran into the opened arm of Rosanna.  They all greeted.

"How are you my little angels?"  She asked happily.

"We're fine, big mummy.  And how are you doing today?"  Chibuike spoke for them.

"I am just fine seeing my little angels around me this morning."  Rosanna responded.

"Big mummy, do you know what today is."  Chiamaka asked but she shook her head.

"You don't know big mummy?  Okay guess."  Chisom said.

"I am poor in guessing, my dear children."  Big mummy told her.

"Why not tell us?"  Somadina spoke for the first time as she came out from the back of the door where she had been standing since they came in.  And that was when they noticed she was the one standing by the  door. They happily ran to meet her as they all greeted.

"You mean you don't know too?"  Chidiogo asked laughing.  "But mum why are you standing behind the door so far from big mummy?  Come, sit here."  She pointed to where she was sitting before they came in and Somadina sat down.