Chapter 18

Everything was working according to Somadina's plan.  The quintuplets surname has been changed, her mum has accepted Chief and Chief has also seen Somadina's family and paid some ransom before he was allowed to take the quintuplets.

Now, Chief is fully a member of the family.  He sleeps and wakes up with Somadina and her quintuplets and every morning he takes the children to school and brings them back after closing.  Somadina was so happy.  She must let her friend know about it she told herself  that day she has just finished with the customers and was not doing anything.  She picked her phone and sent her a text.

From:  Somadina
To:  Vera
Time:. 04:00pm
(subject):. Hi, girl friend, how are you doing?
(sent). 

She sent her mail and was waiting for a reply while going through the sales of previous week when she was not in the office.  Suddenly her phone buzzed.  She hurried to it.  It was a reply from Vera.

From:. Vera
To: My bestie
Time;. 04:10pm
(Subject):. How are you and my wonderful five.  I talk to Yemi last week but honestly I don't understand what he was telling me.  Do you know anything.?
Received:

Somadina smiled . 
"I know a lot of things girlfriend."   And then  she replied back.

From: Somadina
To :  Bestie
Time: 04: 14pm
(Subject): I paid Yemi a visit last week to finally clear an issue.  But, babe its not what we can discuss on phone.  When are you planning to pay us a visit?
Sent.

She went back to her work waiting for her reply.  But it didn't take time before her cell phone buzzed.  She quickly picked her phone.

From:  Vera
To:  My bestie
Time:0420pm
(Subject)  I have been given leaves in the office.  It's starting next week Tuesday.  So I will be back on Friday.  Take care of yourself and my little five until then bye.
Received

Somadina knew for sure that Vera will always be on her side though she was not willing to tell her the truth.  It's going to be same lies as she told others.  This was going to be her little secret with Chief Cliford. 

She was still arranging the files in  her table when she heard a knock on the door.

"Yes come in."  She said and her half brother , Chukwuemeka came in.

"Emeka. You're back .  How did it go?

"Everything went well ma.  I met two new customers in the market they want to be one of our major distributors.  And about five  new people who need ten cartons each."  He concluded.

"Wao! That's good to hear.  You see I told you, that's the secret of business , marketing.  You should be doing this often.  Let's say three times a week.  Especially when I am around.  Have you eaten?"

"Yes."

"For those who needed ten cartons each When are you going to supply  their order?"

"Tomorrow morning."  Emeka replied.

"Okay.  I'm leaving now.  I might not come back to the office l.  I need to see two of our customers.  Take care of things here."  She gave him #200 for his transport home before leaving.

Somadina got home ,6:30pm.  There were three cars parked outside.  One of these car belongs to chief but the other car which looks exactly like chief's car was brand new and looks as if nobody has ever touched it.   She locked her car and went inside.  The door was not locked so she pushed it open and entered.  Everywhere was dark and qoite as a grave yard.   She wandered what has happened.   She tried using her cell phone touch light to find her way in but the battery was off.  She stood in one place to see whether one of her children would jump out to welcome her but nothing happened.  So she screamed.