chapter 20

Somadina woke up early as usual the next day.  And since the children were writing exams, they closed on time so they would not be taking food to school, she then decided to wash some of her office clothes.  It was part of Mrs Felisha's duty to wash everyone's clothes in the house but Fridays are always a busy day for her.  It was on Friday's that she cook both soup and stew.  And she always go to the market every Friday to buy ingredients for cooking while Somadina do general shopping for food stuff every Saturday. 

That morning she decided to wash her office clothes and some of the clothes Chief left behind.  She was still on it when her friend, Vera woke up.  Seeing her busy with washing she decided to take care of the children.  She woke them up one after the other bath and dressed them up for school. 

Somadina, after she was done with her washing went straight to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for everybody.  While the food was on fire she arrange biscuits and some juice in each of the children's school bags.  Breakfast was served and she made sure the children ate something before leaving for school.

"Vera, hurry up if you're coming with us or the children will be late."

"I haven't even taken my bath.  Go I will come later."

"It's not always easy to get a cab from here.  You know what, call me when you're ready.  I will send the driver to come and pick you."

"Thanks girlfriend but that's not necessary as I would go to the city to see some of my friends."

"It's okay.  Make sure you return home on time.". She said as she enter the car.

"Bye aunt!!  The children shouted as she was driving out of the compound.

Vera went to see Yemi in his office that morning and was lucky to see him because she met him by the staircase as she was climbing upstairs to his office. 

"Vera, what a surprise!  When did you come?"

"Yesterday.  How are you?"  She asked.

"I am fine as you can see.  And you, how do you do?

"I'm fine.  Where are you off to?"

"I was on my way to the site but not any more.  Come let's go back to the office."  Holding her hand they went back to his office.  Immediately they settled down he asked.

"What can I offer you?

"A cup of coffee will be fine."  He pressed a bell and a young pretty girl of about eighteen years appeared she was dressed with a very skimpy wear.  Nature has really adorned her with beauty.  Tall, slim, fair and a figure eight shape.   Her clothe fitted her so  well.  She smiled and greeted.

"Mercy please, bring two cup of coffee for us."  She disappeared the way she came without saying a word and reappeared again minutes later with two cups of coffee.

"Thank you."  Yemi said.  She said nothing as she bow slightly and left the office.

"Who is she?"  Vera asked.

"My secretary." 

"Really?  Dear friend, I wander how any sane man can keep this type of girl close to him and be able to concentrate with his job." Vera said sincerely.

"What are you insinuating?"  Yemi asked.

"This girl is too pretty to keep in office as a secretary.  And besides look the way she dressed as if she is in a club.  I advised you do something about her and that should be quick."

"Mercy is a good girl but I don't know why people complain so much about her.  Well, I have a new secretary now.  She is resuming on Monday.  Mercy has already been assigned to another office.  She is only waiting for the new secretary to resume."  He said.