chapter 9

Chief Cliford could not forget the wonderful time he had with the quintuplet the previous night.  He wanted so much to be with them again the next day but their mother had told him they would be travelling to Abuja the Capital city to celebrate their birthday.  Though, there would be another birthday celebration the next day that would be on sunday with her friends and school mates he also would be there but he wanted so much to be with them before sunday.

And when the children woke up that morning they went straight to their mummy's room expecting to see chief but they met the room empty.  They went to the sitting room and saw their mum.  She was all alone, she was taking to someone on phone.  She caught the call immediately she saw the children.

"Please, I will talk to you later.  Your demand will get to you today.  And sorry we did not remember to supply you yesterday."  Before she cut the call the children were surounding her.  They greeted before one of them asked.

"Where is our daddy?"  Chibuike asked.

"Your daddy has just gone out.  She lied.

"Oooh!  Chidiogo exclaimed.

"What is it dear?  Somadina asked.

"How can he leave without even seeing us.?  And by the way mum, is daddy not going to Abuja with us to see Mr President?  Chibueze asked.

"No, he won't be going with us.  She said.

"Then I won't be going with you either mum.  Chisom said.

"Chisom! You can't say that.  Daddy will always be there for us but this is the only opportunity to see Mr President.  Chiamaka told her.

"Okay, I will go."  Chisom said.  And then she asked her mum to help her chose the cloth she would wear to Abuja.  Her mum was so happy to see her children making decision on their own.

The journey to Abuja was such a smooth and quick one because they boarded a plane.  The vice president was outside with a man talking when they got there.  The white house was exactly like it's name because everywhere was painted white.  Security men were everywhere.  Somadina prayed silently that their journy to the white house to see mr president would not be a wasted one.  Since she never informed him before visiting and she knew that no one would be able to go in there without invitation but she prayed for God's intervaintion.  She had faster for that journey so she believed that no matter how tight the security might be they will definitly see mr president even if it means seeing him through the gate.  But as she approached the gate and was talking to one of the security, she saw the vice president.  She was over whelmed with joy and she quickly asked the security man that that was the man she had came to see.  The vice president was not expecting anyone but since he was closed to the gate he excused himself from the man he was to and went to see her.  He recognaized  somadina  immediately he saw her and he screamed.

"Madam!  Is this you?  Are they- -
"Yes!  She answerd smiling winsomely. 

"They're five years today and we've come to see you and mr president to thank you for what you have done for us for these past five years."  She saud

"All the way from Lagos.  You shouldn't have bordered yourselve.  But,  you are one great woman.  We"ve done this kind of favour for so many women and none of them has ever come to appreciate.  Come the president will be happy to see you."  He said.  One can see he was happy to see them.

"You took very good care of the children.  They're looking good.  They don't look five at all.  What I mean is that they look older than their age."  He said as he lead them in.

"Thank you sir."  Somadina greeted.

He took them to a very large room and asked them to wait while he call the President.  The place was decorated.  They had a very big plasma television inside, the chair was a white leather chair and a glass centre table.  The chair was as if they put water under before the leather .  Immediatly they sat on the chair, it made a terrible noise as if the water inside moved somehow.  Then there was a dinning table.  It was big and round and can contain twenty people.  It was also glass and it looked so beautiful.  The floor was ticed.  There were fish moving under the tice and it was as if they had water under the tice.  It was so beautiful.  The whole sittingroom looked as if no one has ever been there,  it was so neat that even the quintuplet noticed it.