chapter 24

When they got to the door upstairs, the maid pushed the door open and stepped aside for Somadina and her friend to enter.  She left immediately the two women stepped inside.

What they saw inside was so amazing.  The room was big,  it has a very big bed that can accommodate two or three adults.  The bed was beautiful, white color which matched the drawer by the right hand side of the bed with standing mirro  attached to it.  Inside the room was a television of about 75inches.  The wall was designed by beautiful wallpapers.  The floor was beautified by a glassy ties   Vera threw herself on the bed

"Wao! This is beautiful!  Girlfriend, come on."  She called rolling herself on the bed but Somadina was transfixed in one spot  

"Your room, I'm sure you like it." She turned abruptly and saw Chief standing behind her.

"My room?"

"Yes, it was Rosanna's idea.  She fixed everything here .  Even  the children's room and their dinning.

"She did?"  She asked again.

"Yes.  Come I will show you to the children's room."  She followed him to the room before her room.  Chief pushed it open nobody was there.  It was also big exactly her size of bed,  her size of television, three laptops.  Beautiful paperwork on the wall.

"This is for our girls."

"And the boys?"

"Come I will show you."  They went to the next room.  It was exactly like the girl's room except the laptop in that room was two.

"But Chief, you don't have to do all these especially for me."

"Why?  This is also your home now.

"You wife has a kind heart just like you.   Tell me, where's the kid?"

"Come with me.". She followed him.  They entered another sitting room upstairs.  There the children were in the dinning having their dinner.

"This is their sitting room."  They stood there for few seconds before  leaving.  Somadina  entered her room but stood by the door, she imagined what type a woman Roseanna was.  She forgave her husband for cheating on her even when she was sick.  She also accepted his mistress and the children and gave them the best in her matrimonial home. 

"Or could it be that chief told her the truth?". She asked herself time without number as tears streamed down her beautiful cheeks. 

"What is going on girlfriend?  Come on, you've been standing there for ages.  Come and put your body on this soft foam."  She said.  Jolting her to reality.  She used her hand and wiped away the tears that crowded her vision.

"Are you crying?"

"Why would I cry."  She smiled.  When she put her body on the bed, it was so welcoming.  She rolled towards her friend. 

"This is cool."

"This man is so rich.  Girlfriend you must marry this man.  If not for anything for his wealth.  You will never be poor again."

"You know that your friend will never marry any man because of money "

"I have not forgotten.  But if I'm in your shoes I will marry this wealthy man and learn how to love him later."

"And now that you're not in my shoes, what happened?"  Vera was about to answer when they heard a soft knock on the door.  They climbed down from the bed and asked the intruder to come in.  She was an elderly woman.  She should be in her early 50s.  She greeted warmly and told them the dinner was ready.