chapter 8

Chief Cliford was able to calm Somadina down and promised to see the children as their dad until whoever is their father come to his sences.  He ageed on a date to come and see them, the friday before their birthday.

That day she got to the house very late but very happy.  The children ran to meet her as usual and Chisom brought a cup of water for her.  Somadina drank the water in one gulp and asked for more.  She also finished the second cup.  It was then she realized how teasty she had been.

"Mummy, you look so tired."  Chisom said.

"Yes, my child.  I'm really tired and very hungry."Somadina agreed.

"I will get you food once you freshen up and come back."  Chiamaka said.

"You will?  wao!  I can see that my children has grown up.  Somadina said happily.

"Yes, we have mum.  We asked the helpers to go home since grandma is here with us.  And we told them we will attend to you when you get back."  Chidiogo explained.

"And I have fixed your water.  You can go and freshen up now."  Chibuike said.

"And where is my mum?"  Somadina asked.

"Bathing."  Chibueze answered.  She left to her room.  She freshen up and came out to have her dinner since everybody has eaten.  To her amazement she met her food already served on the dinning with a can of water and a glass.

"Chiamaka, did you do all this?" Somadina asked.

"Yes.  I have to serve it so that you don"t start waiting for me when you come out."  Chiamaka said.

Somadina was so happy that her four years old children were already learning how to make her happy.  She could hear Yemi's voice in her sub-conscious "the children are an abomination!"  How can anyone call these lovely kids an abomination, she reasoned as tears of joy cascaded down her cheeks.  She used the back of her hands and wiped the tears away immediatley before the children sees her and start asking questions.  " Thank God He sent a saviour to me, chief Cliford, God will bless you."  She muttered under her breath.

That night was the best night for her.  She slept well and did not wake up until the children came to wake her.  They were already dressed to go to school.

"Mummy, we're ready, come and take us to school."  Chibuike said.

Somadina jumped down from the bed. She was surounded by her kids.

"Good morning mummy."  They all greeted.

"Good morning my princess and my princesses."  She responded as she held all of them so close to herself.

"I'm sorry I couldn't wake up on time to get you ready for school today."  She apologise to them.

"You shouldn't apologise to us mummy.  We are ready now."  Chibueze said.

"Tell me, did you do all these yourselves?"  she asked so curious.

"No!  Grandma did.  Amaka said.

"She said not to wake you up that you're tired."  Chidiogo concluded.

"That was very thoughtful of her because I was really tired.  But I'm fine now.  Have you eaten?" She asked.

"We've all had our breakfast.  Mummy, you can rest if you want the driver we take us to school.  chisom told her.

"How sweet are my little angels."  She said as she kissed all of them and asked them to wait for her while she dressed up and take them to school.  She didn't bother to bath as that would take more time.  She wouldn't want her children to be late for school because of her.  so, she just changed her cloth and rush out to serve their lunch but fortunately her mum has done that too.