Out of the Darkness

"I—I..Zed!" Millicent called after him as he stormed out of the kitchen not even bothering to let her explain.

Not that she even could, she didn't remember shit from last night..

And kissing one of your boyfriends best friends ? Definite no-no.

"I don't have time to hear your bullshit excuse." Zeds angrily shot back. Keys in hand and shirtless as he headed for the door.

"Dude hold up!" Bonzo and Bucky both tried to get his attention as he got closer to making his exit but not even their attempts slowed his pace.

"Zed JakobNecrodopolis ! If you walk out that door we are a hundred percent over!" Her warning caused him to halt in his tracks. He fisted the keys in his hands until the sharp metal edges painfully dug into his flesh.

"We are already done." Even as the words left his mouth he didn't believe an ounce of what he just said. His voice was hoarse and he felt like he was on the verge of breaking.

Could there be an explanation for all this?

It was literally his worse fear ever coming true.

Loosing the one thing he ever fought so hard to keep.

Millicent.

...or you could just hear them out, the tiny voice on his head pleaded.

"Zed.. I swear it's not what it looks like." Bucky stepped closer to him. Holding out his phone for Zed to take. "You should probably watch the video.. I think we all just got a little too fucked up last night.."

Video?

The teen took the phone from his friend. He could feel his heart thundering in his chest. Was there really a reasonable explanation for this?

...Apparently there was..

Because it was literally all his fault.

~~~

Zed shook his head in disbelief as he watched the video, his actions made his stomach churn.

"Millicent.. think you can stomach a drive?" His voice was barely above a whisper.

"Y-yeah, I can manage that." She quickly made her way up stairs changing into some leggings and one of Zed's hoodies before making her way back downstairs along with her boyfriend. He didn't even bother stying his hair but opted for his usual ripped jeans and hoodie.

They didn't speak to each other, only awkwardly saying bye to their friends as they all went their separate ways. Millie figured calling a maid service to deal with the mess would be better for everyone.

~~~

Zed's fingers gripped the steering wheel tightly, even as he just barely went the speed limit. They had been on the road for just over twenty minutes. The car zooming past the Welcome to Seabrook sign at the city limit as they took the turn onto the freeway.

"Somewhere in mind?" She didn't want to push him too hard for information. She had never seen Zed so eerily quiet.

His eyes flickered over to hers before switching back to focus on the road in front of them. He cleared his throat before finally speaking up.

"D-did Zoey ever tell you the exact date when my mom died?" Millicent's stomach dropped, she shook her head replying softly. "No she didn't."

"...It happened a week after my birthday." His voice rasped, still refusing to let up from his harsh grip on the steering wheel. Millicent reached over and put a hand on his knee, her thumb softly running over the exposed skin through the rips in the material.