Restrain

For the next 72 hours Zed didn't leave Millicent's side, except for 3 occasions. Zevon and the Calvins realized about 12 hours in when he refused to go back to his room that they would have to accept it. They signed the paperwork and got Zeds hospital bed moved into Millie's room so he could be next to her. He would have never showed it but his body was thankful for the bed.
Zed was still healing as well his body was covered in bruises that seemed to get darker and darker the first night he was there. They finally had put him in a brace for his dislocated shoulder.

Night 1
The first couple hours after Zed woke up, his Dad had convinced him to leave Millicent's room once so Zoey could see her big brother without being traumatized by Millie's condition.

"Zeddy is Millie going to be okay?"
"Of course Zoey, she's a fighter."
"I don't wanna lose anyone else I love.." Zed was surprised as he heard Zoey express just how much she cared about his best friend at the same time expressing how she felt about their mom. "Millie makes it feel like she's not gone, gone.."
"I know what you mean." He kissed his sisters head as they sat together in his old hospital room.
"Zeddy, c-can you talk about her?" The 9 year old looked up at him with the biggest puppy dog eyes she could muster. Zoey had been the only person he ever talked about his mom with until Millie came along. His sister only remembered bits and pieces of her.

"Well there was this one time, our a/c went out at the old house so mom packed us all up in the car. You were only three but.." Zed continued with the story looking down at Zoey as he told it. Both of them smiling as he got into the story about the worst beach day in history.
They had gotten to the beach after taking the long way on accident. Their dad didn't put on sunscreen and fell asleep on the sand. Zed cut his foot on a piece of glass. Zoey dropped her ice cream cone in the sand, Zed gave her his but she dropped that one too. The car broke down on the way back home..

Zevon came into the room with dinner for the two, hearing the story and joined in with his kids Who were crying and laughing.
"I miss her so much.." Zed admitted after a couple of minutes, a sob fought its way out of his throat. Zevon gave Zed a hug, surprised that his son didn't flinch or yell for him to stop.

"I know son, I do too."

The next morning...

Zed woke up in a uncomfortable chair next to Millie's bed, he rubbed his eyes realizing the nurses were bringing in another bed.

"We figured since we can't get you to leave, probably should just move you in.." Mr. Calvins offered, trying to make light of the situation. Zed only nodded he still wasn't sure how to feel about Millie's parents but he was just glad they were making an effort.

"Um Zed? You two have some visitors.." Zed looked over at a nurse who got his and the Calvins attention before seeing a couple of teens join her at the door. Each of them held an item in their hands flowers, stuffed animals and balloons.

"Addison? Bree? Wait Bucky? What are you guys doing here?"
"You guys were in a fucking car accident, what does it look like?" Addison snapped at him per usual pushing past him to Millicent's hospital bed. Her face dropped as she brought her hand to her mouth.

Zed snapped out of the shock to realize it was worse then their classmates had probably imagined. He saw the small blonde shake, most likely trying to hold back her sobs.
"Oh my god I didn't, oh my god is she's going to be okay?" Addison whipped around to look up at Zed, he bit his lip blinking back a couple of tears, none of this settled the blonde that was slowly starting to become more and more upset.
"Addison it's okay, she's..she's strong." Zed croaked as he put his non injured arm around the blonde that was using his Seabrook football T-shirt he had on as a Kleenex, everyone was staring at Zed like he had grown two heads.
Bree and Bucky made their way over, Bree pulling Addison off of Zed as he grew visibly uncomfortable, wincing as she unintentionally leaned too hard into his brace. Feeling her in his arms made him miss Millie a thousand times more. His chest ached, he grabbed her small hand being careful of the IV running through it.