Merry Christmas

December 25th
Christmas Day

Zed stretched his arms over his head as he quietly yawned. A smile etching into his face as his eyes fell on the adorable girl snuggled against his chest. They were in his bedroom on his much smaller bed, neither of them minded it though. It encourage cuddling, Zed never thought he was the cuddling type of guy..
Of course until Millicent.
He loved wrapping his arms around her smaller frame, her body pressing into his, his long fingers caressing across her incredibly soft skin.

After baking cookies, making eggnog and watching Christmas movie after Christmas movie, Zed brought her home with him and Zoey. Millie's parents were out of town, they said it was part of Mr. Calvins new campaign but everyone knew they were just on some island somewhere.
He was glad his dad liked having Millie over and had even suggested that she spend Christmas with their family.

Zed had never spent the holidays with someone, his smile faltered as he realized Millie would be waking up soon. Carefully he untangled himself from the heavy sleeper, giving her his pillow to wrap herself around instead.
The teen felt his hand go for his phone watching the gorgeous girl pout in her sleep. It surprised him when he took a photo of her, he had taken a couple shots here and there of her but this was different. This was that next level boyfriend shit.
Fuck, I'm one of those fucking lovesick—-
Zed mentally groaned unable to finish the thought. He shoved his phone back into his pocket before hurriedly putting on some pj pants and heading out of his room.

No one would ever guess a guy like him loved Christmas as much as he did. He hid it pretty well under all the brooding stares and hard exterior. However this Christmas was different, Millie had made him so happy yesterday but he secretly had been dreading Christmas Day this year.
Trying to buy her Christmas gifts leading up to today had been a headache, no worse.. He thought hangovers were more enjoyable then Christmas shopping was. It all started when Bucky and Addison had teased him about how he was going to be like all the other guys this year struggling to find the perfect gifts for their girlfriends.
It dawned on him that he had never had to buy someone a gift before.. Besides Zoey and his dad of course.
But this was Millicent, this was for the incredibly thoughtful, gorgeous girl that some how made a broken asshole like himself fall for her. And worse she made him continue to fall.. Zed was falling so hard that it felt like he was drowning.

He sipped his coffee, nodding a good morning to his dad who tiredly accepted the cup he had just poured for him. This was how Christmas had been the last four years, waking up at the ungodly hour of six in the morning. Knowing full well Zoey would be up and rushing to unwrap gifts any minute.

"Did she stay over?"
"No Elizabeth left last night." Zevon put emphasis on her name as a not so subtle hint towards his son to show his girlfriend some respect. "However after she left she called me from the car about some interesting noises she heard while walking out.."Zed quickly brought his coffee cup back to his lips, averting his eyes and suddenly becoming extremely interested in the black liquid in front of him.
He hadn't realized they had been loud enough to carry out into the living room. At least Zoey hadn't heard.
Zevon smirked knowing he got Zeds attention, he wasn't sure how to have this talk with his son until Elizabeth gave him a reason to bring it up.

"You guys are using protection right?" Zed groaned throwing his head back before giving his dad a look. He realized his dad was enjoying this way too much. "It is way too late for the sex talk pops and actually no we don't use condoms. We are both clean and she has a iud." Zevon choked on his coffee in shock at how informative his son decided to be.
"Oh my god Zed!" Both the Necrodopolis men turned towards a practically crimson Millicent. Zed immediately stiffened as he saw his girlfriends upset expression. Obviously she wasn't expecting to wake up to hearing her boyfriend telling his dad all about their sex life. "Princess hold on he started it!"