Hanging In There

"Millicent?" A voice called out, Millie sat up in the chair she was dozing off in. Familiar blue eyes were looking back at her causing her to breathe a sign of relief. "Addy!"

Addison smiled softly before throwing her arms around one of her best friends.

"I came as soon as I could. How is he ? How are you?"

"It's been.." Millicent shook her head as her eyes threatened to water. "..a lot." Addison only shook her head insisting she didn't need to say more. "But he's okay?"

"So far." Millicent sighed, "thank god for that."

"It's going to be okay." Addy gave her another hug, it was surreal to be back at this hospital. All of them sharing knowing looks as they sat and tried to stay positive.

Everyone had seen Zed for a bit, insisted he was looking better already.

Well besides Bonzo.. Bonzo shook his head when he saw him and straight up told him he looked like shit..

"I can't believe you drove up here.." Millicent laughed, Bucky shrugged. "I told her she was crazy."

"This is what I get for going to school in another state." Addison tsked, "No way was I not going to be here for my best friend.. or Zed.." She laughed knowing full well the guy still couldn't stand her and Bree. He still said those Cheerleaders are too much anytime they all got together.

"I am glad you guys are all here." Millie gave a warm smile to all of them. "And I know Zed is too, even though he'll never say it."

...

"Water... Please." Zed winced as his voice cracked, he watched as his girlfriend sat up straighter realizing he was awake.

"Of course." She yawned as she refilled his water cup and put a new straw in it. He fumbled with the remote but was able to get his bed adjusted by the time she was sliding his table over.

"Got it?" He nodded, reaching for the cup and bringing the straw to his lips. "Better." He sighed thankful for the cold liquid taking away the cotton feeling in his mouth.

"You okay?" Millicent brushed his hair out of his face. Her lips frowning as she really took in all the bruising. In true Zed fashion he opted to go shirtless, wearing only a pair of black shorts. He swore the room was too hot and refused to wear anything more.

"Yeah.." He sighed, closing his eyes and welcoming the way her hand slipped into his. "I want.. to go home."

His speech had gotten better but everything was still a little fuzzy.

"Me too." Millie nodded, giving his hand a little squeeze. "But we gotta get you cleared first. So listen to your doctor.."

Zed blew a breath through his nose, his eyes rolling at the thought.

"Doctors are stupid." He mumbled, biting his lip as his girlfriend made a face. He lifted his hand to gently brush his finger against her cheek. "So pretty.."

Millicent couldn't help but blush and giggle, shaking her head as she looked at her boyfriend.

"You are truly something else Necrodopolis.."

He smiled at her, "I love you."

Millicent grinned but before she could tell him she loved him too a nurse knocked at the door.